Any way to force item usage?

Topics: Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Feb 21, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Is there any way to force item usage without shift-clicking on the items you already have?

For example, I'm a Boomkin, and I have both Abracadaver and Nibelung.  I want to run a gear optimization with Nibelung, but because the Abracadaver has better stat values, the optimizer picks it.  I know that shift-clicking it off will remove it from the list, just wanting to make sure there's something I'm not missing!

Feb 21, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Shift clicking? No, just click, to unmark it available.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM

This is of interest to me also ... id love to force an item to stay in slot so i can optimize around it.

If there is a way, kindly post some info.

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2010 at 7:24 PM

To force Rawr to optimize around a certain item, ensure that no other options are selected to be available to use when optimizing.

So for example, to optimize for Nibelung and ignore Abracadaver as a weapon option, click "Slot: Gear" > "Main Hand." A list of main hand weapon items will be shown. (This list is organized based on that is selected on the "Sort" dropdown menu) Next to every item on this list there is a diamond shaped button. Clicking the diamond button will select that item and turn it green which basically tells the optimizer, "You can use this item when searching for an optimized gear set." Go through the list and "un-check" all items but the Nibelung. This will ensure that the Nibelung is the only item in that slot that is available for optimization.

This will work for all item slots. 

Note: to select only one variation of a specific item you can ctrl+click an item to make a single selection. 

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:09 PM

yes your right, i hadnt thought of that!

Thanks for the reply