Tips on using Cost for Frost Emblems

Topics: Rawr.Base, Rawr.Base.Items
Feb 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Hello

I have never used the cost feature, but i would like to. I searched this site, and also went into the documentation but couldnt find anything.

So i have 95 Frost emblems and 200 Triumphs (does the app support triumphs?) to spend.

I saw an option that said "Load Frost Emblems" and i clicked on it, but then nothing happened.

As usual, im sure im missing something .. any help would be appreciated.

Developer
Feb 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Visually you won't see anything happen on Load Frost Emblems, but if you open the Item Editor you will see that Frost Emblem purchasable items will have a non-zero Cost value (bottom center of the window).

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM

How do i tell the system how many Frost emblems i have?

If i can only afford 1 item valued at 95 emblems, it would determine what my best choice is .... i hope

Developer
Feb 25, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Use the Cost requirement in the optimizer as 'Cost <= X' where X is the number of Frost Badges you have. Then when the optimize is finished you will see any new items on the results comparison dialog, if any.

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:09 PM

nice, thanks!

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:39 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2010 at 5:58 AM

It doesnt calculate the T10 set :(

And there is no feature for emblem of triumph?

Its a easy way to get unlimited triumph badges, but the feature for the optimizer would be nice.

Edit:

An one click option (unlimited access for triumph badges), wich automaticly select all items (head, chest, trinket...) for triumph badges would be nice.

Its very expensive to check all triumph badges items manually.

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Yes it does, it does all of that.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:15 AM

ah ok, i found the issue for the T10 set optimizing.

i have to edit all the T10 set items manualy

Right click on the t10 set item eg. legs and then type in the Cost value (bottom center of the window). For head, chest and legs 95 embleme of frost, and for shoulders and hands 60 embleme of frost.

But this way is inconvenient for new rawr users.

Why are the T10 set costs not originaly in the rawr database? For head, chest and legs 95 embleme of frost, and for shoulders and hands 60 embleme of frost.

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:19 AM

They are. Tools > Cost > Load Frost Emblem Costs.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:34 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Hm its not working.

The costs is still 0 (see Step2), so i have to set it manually to 60

Step1:

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/448/97620456.jpg

Step2:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2716/72088747.jpg

Screenshot3:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5417/21829419.jpg

Edit:

Perhaps the issue is, that the costs of the t10 (251 item level) doesnt load from wow head (drops from unknown boss in icecrwon...wowhead lacks data) see screenshot 3.

Refresh from wowhead changes nothing

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I have the same problem.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM

OK this is getting old.

If you get this message on your gear "drops from unknown boss in icecrwon...wowhead lacks data" refresh from Armoury (since wowhead has no/wrong data don't use it....duh).

Now the gear has number of Frost Emblems that it costs and the viola item shows on list when filtered by Frost emblem options.

Solves this problem and the "Frost emblem fails" issues.

Please think about what you are doing and complaining about prior to posting issues and discussions.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

I have different but related problem.  After doing the Frost Cost load, my comparison pane when selected for Upgrades (with or without the / Cost) are all zero value.  On a different character, where I haven't done this, the bars and values are still there.  Any ideas how to fix this so it worked like it did before I did the load?

Developer
Feb 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Is the one with no value a ProtWarr? If it is we have an open issue for that already.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM

What model and I assume you are talking about Direct Upgrade panel?

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Sorry.  Yes, it is a Protection Warrior.  And yes, the Direct Upgrade panel.   But it was working fine before doing the cost load.  Is there any way to "undo" it?  I tried reinstalling the program and reloading from the Armory, but no luck. 

Edited to add that I just updated the issue with my experience.  The issue itself didn't mention anything about the Frost cost upload (my search criteria!), so I added that bit of info.

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:30 AM
Edited Feb 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM

brituck wrote:

OK this is getting old.

If you get this message on your gear "drops from unknown boss in icecrwon...wowhead lacks data" refresh from Armoury (since wowhead has no/wrong data don't use it....duh).

Now the gear has number of Frost Emblems that it costs and the viola item shows on list when filtered by Frost emblem options.

Solves this problem and the "Frost emblem fails" issues.

Please think about what you are doing and complaining about prior to posting issues and discussions.

I am not stupid. I always did it. Still the same error message "drops from unknown boss in icecrwon...wowhead lacks data" after refreshing from armory...

Edit: ok i switch from german to english language, now. The mouse over of the item shows purchasable with 60[ Emblem of Frost], now. No more error message "drops from unknown boss in icecrwon...wowhead lacks data"

But if i right click and edit the item, the item has still a zero Cost value (bottom center of the window). And its not available for the cost optimizer.

It still doesnt load the cost for the T10 set.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:14 PM

With 2.3.11 its the same issue:

if i right click and edit the item, the item has still a zero Cost value (bottom center of the window). And its not available for the cost optimizer.

It still doesnt load the cost for the T10 set.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Before you can use Direct Upgrade/Cost Panel, all items available from Frost emblems have to reflect that in the "Source" box.

If your T10 items show "Drops from Unknown Boss in Icecrown...wowhead lacks data" then Rawr doesn't know that it should look at these items when doing Direct Upgrade/Cost comparision. Out of habit, when a new release comes out I either load my 4 80's from armoury or from saved files and "Refresh relevants from Armoury" on each toon and for each spot; or i wait till i'm ready for bed and refresh entire item cache from armoury.

This solves the "Unknown Boss" issue; the "Frost cost comparision" issue as well as the "my lists still shows PvP item" issues.

You still might have to refresh a "few" individual items since neither wowhead or armoury is "100%" accurate on all items, but they do not share the same issues. (If wowhead has problem with item, armoury doesn't and vice versa.)

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:26 AM

I dont mean the direct upgrade/cost Panel!

If i click tools>optimize>additional requirements>add>cost> <999 and then i click optimize.

Rawr doenst calculate the t10 set items altough there are no "Drops from Unknown Boss in Icecrown...wowhead lacks data" issues on the items.

The issue is, that if i right click and edit the T10 Set items, the items has still a zero Cost value (bottom center of the window). And its not available for the cost optimizer. So i have to manually set the costs for the t10 set items.

Other non set items are correctly priced, like Circle of Ossus (right click and at the bottom center of the window there is a value of 60 embleme of frost.

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2010 at 9:15 AM

...Did you forget to use Tools > Costs > Load Emblem of Frost?

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:33 PM

ahh, yes that was the fault

Jun 30, 2010 at 3:43 AM
Edited Jun 30, 2010 at 4:06 AM
I'm having some issues with the Emblem of Frost cost as well. I've manually made sure each T10 piece has the right EoF cost on it, but then when I run the optimiser with the cost set to <=95, it's telling me to get all the T10 pieces I've enabled for the optimiser even though this brings the cost to well over 95.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I'm using the latest downloaded version of Rawr 3.

Edit: I found the answer on another thread, turns out if you set the cost of an item and optimise based on cost you don't need to enable the green "Enable for Optimiser" diamond for the optimiser to consider it.
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2010 at 4:29 AM

Right, Cost requirements in the optimizer are for finding the best use of the tokens/whatever you have, to get more items that you don't already have available.