[Hunter] Gemming Templates Excessive

Topics: Rawr.Hunter
Jul 6, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2010 at 6:07 PM

It seems to me that the hunter gemming templates that are included are excessive, and are severely impacting the processing time of the Optimizer.  I think I lost count during one of the scrolls, but there are approximately 50 epic gemming templates in the hunter module.  Whenever I run optimize without manually disabling some portion of the templates, I get the "very large number of items" message for Gems, Chest, Waist, and Legs.  I currently only have 2 items for each gear slot selected, so I'm assuming it's pitching a fit based on 2-3 gem slots x 50 gemming options per item.

I realize that I can turn them off, but they're turned on by default in every new release.  Perhaps it would be possibleto eliminate some portion of them?  I really fail to see a situation where four +10 Mp5 gems will be an appropriate gemming, and so there's my first nomination for deletion from the list.

{edit} And I didn't put this in issue tracker.  I'm such a bad.  I'd delete it and move it if I could.   /hideface

Developer
Jul 6, 2010 at 6:15 PM

They were put in there cuz I had too much bitching about them *not* being in there.

So which is it community? Include them all and make 50% of you happy or take them out and make 50% of you happy?

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Ugh. Jothay, you can set default hemming templates to Enable=false, you know. Include them all, preferably in descriptive groups, and disable by default all the ones not typically useful.

Editor
Jul 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Jothay, \jō-ˈthā\ : noun

one who incites or escalates preexisting confrontations, often by coming up in arms; not to be confused with an Astrylian, which refers more to a bear-like mauling of a victim's face due to hunger, or a disruption of a nap

I jest!  =D

Developer
Jul 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2010 at 8:14 PM
It's awesome that you managed to put the right pronunciation on there. Most people mistake it for 'Jawthy'. I blame Farscape.
Editor
Jul 7, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I personally enjoyed writing the little pun.  :P