Limiting Build Upgrade List to only those items selected for the Optimizer

Topics: Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Jul 29, 2010 at 9:58 PM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 9:59 PM
Currently, using Rawr3, when I run a Build Upgrade list it includes every possible entry in the filtered gear list, leaving me with items on the list that are not one's I'm willing to consider/have access to. Is there a way to restrict the Upgrade list to only those items I've flagged for consideration by the optimiser or better yet force it to produce a ranked list of the improvement each piece of the optimised gear-set represents? This would make deciding which piece to go after first much easier.
Jul 29, 2010 at 10:12 PM
That's the difference between the optimizer and the upgrade list. Anything you mark w/ the Green/Blue diamond in the list, are things that you currently have, or will be acquiring in the near term that should be "what you can do now." The Upgrade List what exists beyond that within the filtered gear list. It's looking into the future and telling you where you should be looking for that NEXT item. Optimizer: Current Gear. Upgrade List: Next Gear. If you want fewer items on your Upgrade list, use a more restrictive filter E.G. Don't put in all of ICC when you're only working on ICC 10 man normal.
Jul 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

In other words, the Optimizer considers what you have available (how best to make use of what you have), and the Upgrade list considers what you don't have available (looking at, well upgrades).

Aug 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM
Edited Aug 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Optimizer = Make the most of what you have.   Under the assumption that enchants and gems are 'easy' (although maybe costly) to change, whereas gear is not as easy to get since you can't control drops.  You mark what you have available with the green diamonds, and the optimizer will tell you which pieces of gear to combine using what enchants/gemmings.   This optimizing often involves working around hard/soft caps like hit, expertise, haste, defense, crit, etc.

Upgrade list = what you would like to have.  You restrict this list via the filters.  If you'll never do ICC25, then untick the ICC25 filter, and it won't suggest ICC25 gear.