Boomkins and MH+OH

Topics: Rawr.Moonkin
Aug 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I would like to know why the boomkin setup doesn't seem to compare main hand and off hand as weapons.... only 2h ie staff. I find info all over that seems to lead that a mh+oh is better for a spellcaster/boomkin... but I can not get Rwar to do so. am I missing something here?

even the possible upgrades and not link to a main hand and off hand option.. so I find it very difficult to see the various combos that could be possible.

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Do you have an OH equipped? Sounds like you need to equip an OH.

MHs are valued combined with the equipped OH, and vice versa, so that they can be compared to 2H.

Also, it sounds like you would probably benefit from reading the help on gear optimization as well.

Aug 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM

The chart on the right just gives you scores, assuming one piece of gear is changed at a time.

If you are just looking at the chart on the right, and you currently have a 2H equipped, a 1H will score poorly (since it is being used without an OH).

Use the optimizer, or at least start with 1H+OH equipped, to get a better evaluation of 1H+OH options.

Aug 7, 2010 at 11:10 PM

ah ok.. I will give it a go. I already have a few combos i can select from my bags... for oh +mh.. I thought that it would have done a direct comparison side by side 2h Vs the comboe of MH+OH.

most of my tinker time on rawr HAS been late atnight... so maybe  I will do it when a bit corpus mentus:P)

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM

That's what I'm saying; it *will* compare MH+OHs against 2Hs.