Custom Filter for BC or Character Level Filter

Topics: Rawr.Base.ItemFilters
Aug 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I created a filter for BC Level items, item level 60-164 and clicked the box. However, no upgrades show unless I uncheck the Disable Item Level 2-199. Here's the deal. I have 10 Horde toons, level 1 thru 68, that I want to see what is the next upgrade I can get for items. I don't see a character level filter anywhere so I was trying to restrict items to only those available in Outlands. Any suggestions?

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Rawr is only intended for max level characters. None of the calculations in performs will be in any way accurate for pre-80s.

You should not try to theorycraft for leveling. Spend the time leveling instead, it's faster.

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Astrylian,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I enjoy leveling and playing different characters.  End game I've done.  I have 10 Level 80 Alliance toons on Bonechewer.  Working to get 10 Level 80 Horde toons.  I've enjoyed your RAWR program for the end game and it's disappointing there is no character level filter but each of us have our own goals which we must dedicate our efforts.  Keep up the good effort!

Scatmanicus

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I would recommend Pawn (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7296-Pawn.html) for your leveling needs.  It'll EZ score the gear you come across as you level.  Try to strive for the higher number till you get to 80 :)

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Scatmanicus wrote:

Astrylian,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I enjoy leveling and playing different characters.  End game I've done.  I have 10 Level 80 Alliance toons on Bonechewer.  Working to get 10 Level 80 Horde toons.  I've enjoyed your RAWR program for the end game and it's disappointing there is no character level filter but each of us have our own goals which we must dedicate our efforts.  Keep up the good effort!

Scatmanicus

I wasn't at all saying that you shouldn't level or play different characters; I was just saying that Rawr won't help you do so (and that it's not worth your time to bother trying to theorycraft otherwise, either).

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:10 AM

In regards to your actual OP problem, I have found the the pre-created filters will override any filters I create afterwards as well as 'Disable' filters overriding 'Enable' filters. Thus "enabling iLvl 60-164" will be overridden by the "Disable 2-199" filter.

Aug 21, 2010 at 7:07 AM
brituck wrote:

In regards to your actual OP problem, I have found the the pre-created filters will override any filters I create afterwards as well as 'Disable' filters overriding 'Enable' filters. Thus "enabling iLvl 60-164" will be overridden by the "Disable 2-199" filter.

Honestly, I don't see where that makes any sense.  If you setup a custom filter, that should take precedence over all other filters.  If it was setup that way, problem solved!

Developer
Aug 21, 2010 at 7:30 AM

a filter is a filter is a filter, doesnt matter who makes it. and if we start trying to make some priority over others its just going to make it several more times confusing to end users.

Editor
Aug 21, 2010 at 8:05 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2010 at 8:06 AM

MY FILTER IS BETTER THAN ALL OF YOUR FILTERS.  NYEAHHHH!

Aug 21, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Jothay,

You're responding to someone with over 25+ years of application development.  Custom > Set, no confusion.

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Scatmanicus wrote:

Jothay,

You're responding to someone with over 25+ years of application development.  Custom > Set, no confusion.

No confusion? I'd beg to differ. You're confused about something. There are no custom vs set filters. They're all 'custom', all editable, all the same 'priority'. We just distribute Rawr with a 'preset' file full of filters.

Developer
Aug 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM

There is confusion.  The confusion is that some filters work inclusive, and some work exclusive.  I think things would be a lot better if we didn't have any exclusive ones.

Inclusive ones would then be easier, if any one checked filter makes an item appear, then the item will appear nomatter what other filters are set at.

I.m.o. the exclusive ones (the disable filters) only show/emphasize a lack of properly developed filters or UI in the inclusive end.  They may have been necessary in the past, but with the revamped filters, and a changed way how the filter tree works, they shouldn't be needed anymore.

Developer
Aug 23, 2010 at 3:45 PM

To be clear, the argument is a moot point, this is already going away as soon as the new Filter Side-Bar is implemented.

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:44 PM
Jothay wrote:

To be clear, the argument is a moot point, this is already going away as soon as the new Filter Side-Bar is implemented.

I haven't checked out the Rawr 3 beta but it's nice to hear there is going to be a new Filter Side-Bar.  However, I would say that the comment by OReubens is valid.  Inclusive filters would be best.  Mixing up Inclusive and Exclusive filters would definitely be confusing.  As far as my earlier comments concerning lower characters while leveling, if the focus of Rawr is strictly for end-game, then keep your efforts in that area.  Rawr is a great program and is helpful in that area as I do use it for my level 80's.  Other individuals, including myself, that need tools for leveling can just find them elsewhere. And to luckton, yes, I've had Pawn installed for quite awhile.  It's a helpful addon.

Developer
Aug 23, 2010 at 5:56 PM
Edited Aug 23, 2010 at 7:05 PM

To be clear, for ALL of those listening, not just those posting here:

Filters Side-bar won't have any exclusive filters.

That means, if the box ain't checked, it ain't showin' up in the lists. Different Filter Types will also be grouped together, like all the Ilevel stuff will be together.

I'll see if I can make a screeny and post it

The new filter side-bar feature. Click to see the full image

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:10 AM

That looks really nice.  I might have to check Rawr3 out again, last time I tried using I got frustrated at how slow it was compared to Rawr2.  

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Performance data about Rawr2 vs Rawr3.Silverlight is something we'd love to see. Based on our tests and expectations, the difference 'should' be in the 10-20% range. Especially if your experience doesn't match that, we want to know.

Developer
Aug 24, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Oh, and to clarify something before the question gets asked cuz I know it's coming:

NO, the side-bar isn't going to be there 100% of the time, you can hide it by double-clicking the splitter or clicking the little icon in the corner there. Same thing to expand it again.