Suggestion for Beta -- Reset to Defaults

Topics: Rawr.Base
Aug 22, 2010 at 6:13 AM

This may seem simple, but how difficult would it be to add an item (under options or help maybe) to reset the entire program back to the defaults -- essentially reinstalling it.

I've had reinstall the original program occassionally when doing something like deleting all the filters, and the ability to do that in the beta would be useful, and save a lot of pain for many of us.

Thanks,

Sgent

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2010 at 6:27 AM

That exact option already exists.

Aug 22, 2010 at 10:45 PM

You can reset all the options, but not changes to the data files, filters etc.    To do this, Rawr would need to keep duplicate copies of those files.   With how easy it is to download and install, it is probably not worth the effort.

Developer
Aug 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2010 at 10:53 PM

The last menu on the bar option before Help has options to reset all the caches, which should be every XML file we use. It does this by re-downloading those files in a zip from the server.

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 12:09 AM

So, like I said, that exact option already exists.

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Thanks for the information... obviously it was a bit of user error.  Thanks Jothay for saying where the feature was located, as I obviously hadn't found it.

And thanks for Rawr!!!

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 3:53 AM

I don't get it. You said exactly where it is, in your OP.

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:33 AM

Yea, but I didn't understand what it was called, or I made a mistake and just missed it.

Another issue I'm running into (you maybe already aware) is that the beta seems to not be deslecting properly.

For instance, when I click on Filter -> Tier 7 Raids to remove them from the selected filiters, it removes "Tier 7 Raids" as well as the items directly under it (10 man, 25 man, other); however, it does not deselect the subtiers underneath that.  For instance, Tier 7 - 10 Man - Nax is still selected after unchecking "tier 7 raids".

This maybe more user error on my part, or a legitimate bug, but I'm not having this problem in version 2.

Thanks again for Rawr!

Sgent

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Yes, that's a bug, and has been fixed already, and will be included in the next version. All that info can also be found in the Issue Tracker.