Bye!

Topics: Rawr.Tree
Sep 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Hey all,

just a short note from me. I've stopped playing WoW for a few months now and right now I like the new situation, so....

I've enjoyed working on Rawr.Tree (and touches of Rawr.Elemental) but without an active account I can hardly continue.

Working on Rawr taught me some of the basics of C#, which is nice because I never worked on a C# project before, being spoonfed Java at the university...

Good luck with Rawr. Keep it up guys!

Bye!

-Trolando

Developer
Sep 22, 2010 at 5:46 PM
Edited Sep 22, 2010 at 5:49 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!.

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Have a nice time.

Developer
Sep 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM

I'm in a similar sort of position myself. I haven't raided seriously since January, I had a few long breaks and occasionally popped back to the game with the longest stint in May-June. Since then I levelled a Moonkin druid and enjoyed that to the point of actually pugging ICC (I DETEST pugs so that was quite a feat). However with the seemingly iminent arrival of patch 4.0 and the triumph badges = frost badges for Justice Points I just think WTF is the point suffering pugs and spending badges on gear that will be obsolete very soon.

So I just haven't the motivation to know what I'll do come cata. I've got a beta invite but can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've bothered to login to beta, With previous expansions & ptr patches I'd have been busy testing all my addons to work out what works and what needs fixed (both ones I author and ones I use). This time round I just haven't been bothered to even do that.

I suspect a big part of that is that the core group of friends I've played with for 4 years have drifted apart over the last year and I don't know if they will be around in Cata. Can I be bothered trying to form a new guild and rebuilding in Cata? Since I've always been an organiser/Raid Leader/Officer type, joining someone else's guild and being told what to do doesn't come easy.

The practical upshot of this is I don't know whether I'll be around for Cata, I don't know whether I'll bother with my Enhancement Shaman as my main or switch to my Moonkin Druid if I do decide to purchase the expansion. The motivation to do anything with ShockAndAwe (my Enhancement Shaman addon) or EnhSim (Enhancement Shaman Simulator) or Rawr.Enhance is just not present. Sorry.

So I'd recommend that in addition to Rawr.Tree that you advertise Rawr.Enhance as requiring a developer. Now it may well be that if my mate who was the GM shows up again and the other mate who started a new job finds time to join us that I'll get all fired up and want to get stuck right back into updating Rawr. For now however I cannot give that commitment.

If I may I'd like to stay flagged as a developer, as that at least would allow me to get back into things if/when I get the motivation and decide to pick it up again. ie: If I play my shaman in ernest you can be pretty certain I'll want the Rawr.Enhance model to be spot on. Its a bit like my Super Moderator status on MMO-Champion. If I lost that status I'd likely never play the game again, as you get used to being a part of a closed community and being an outsider again means you steer clear, rather than getting frustrated that you can't do what you used to do.

I'd be happy meantime to give any help and support, to explain the rational behind coding I did, etc to any potential replacement so that they don't have such a steep learning curve.

Best of luck for Rawr 4, and hopefully it won't be too long before I find my motivation to be back assisting again.