Wondering about Rawr updated for 4.0?

Topics: Rawr.Base
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2010 at 2:36 AM

The Rawr dev team is currently focusing all of our efforts on 4.0 at level 85 mechanics.
We have no plans to support or release a version of Rawr for use in 4.0 at level 80. Sorry, there just isn't time available right now; we've still got tons of work to do to get ready for Cata, which is much more important that the couple months at 80 in 4.0.

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM

:( sad face...

understandable though, just been relying on rawr for so long now, it's going to be a rough two months :) keep up the great work guys.

Looking forward to seeing what you have for us in November.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM

We will, however, be posting betas of Rawr4 soon. I know a couple models will support 4.0@80, in a very limited fashion, in Rawr4. 

Oct 12, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Excelent.  The Current version of Rawr 2/3 was able to "help" a toon while leveling (from around 76-79) to atleast improve DPS/heals, etc.  It did require reseting Boss LVL sliders, and perhaps other Model specific details, but it DID help when trying to "aim" a toon in the right direction.  I can hope that there will be some such functionality using Rawr post 4.0 for the 80-84 range toons.

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM

So there's a light at the end... er wait, there already was a light at the end... I guess there is a light in the middle of the tunnel too now? :)

Thanks for the response Astrylian!

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2010 at 7:42 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Don't get your hopes too high. When I say that a 'couple' models will support 4.0@80, that's probably an exaggeration. It's probably more like '1.4 models will support 4.0@80'. Arcane Mages is the one right now of note, and I think one other one... maybe RestoSham was it?

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:04 PM

oh well... maybe I'll try to level a mage quick before cat comes out :)

Oct 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Thanks for your hard work!

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I appreciate all that you guys have done with Rawr, which I think is the best equipment, gemming, and enchanting guide available to WoW.   I'm curious if your 4.0 betas, when you begin to release them, will start addressing the gemming and enchanting tweaks, even with level 80 gear, given all the changes that occurred with the 4.0 patch.  Thanks for your response.

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Gems and enchants, probably. Items maybe.
Oct 15, 2010 at 1:47 PM

This might be a stretch, but do you think it's possible to use v2.3.23 to get a rough approximation of gear and gem optimization?

Here's what I plan on trying out for my fire mage:
1) Update all relevant gear and gems from armory or wowhead
2) Remove points from Arcane Focus and Precision, and click off Misery/IFF buff to force 17% hit requirement
3) Create new reforged gear (haste, crit, hit) manually with unique ID's
4) Manually replace int stat with sp stat at a 1:1.1 ratio on new gems (or maybe just add sp to gems with int)
5) Check "unlimited mana"

Then for optimization, add additional requirement of haste >= 35% (unfortunately, I can't force crit to be >= 20%).

Is this a waste of time?

Developer
Oct 15, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Yes, that wouldn't work at all, because so many mechanics will have changes that even with the hours you would spend doing that, it would still be way off.

Oct 18, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Hey Astrylian and team,

Is the reforging mechanic part of the 4.0 plans, or will  it just be gear, gems and enchants ?

Developer
Oct 19, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Yes, we will be doing Reforging...

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Seeing Rawr 2 & 3 are pretty much dead now, would there be any chance of a compiled download alpha/beta for us to look at and test in the near future?

Not really sure how far down the path you guys are, but I see some Rawr4 issues in the tracker and I am not really up to compiling everything myself atm.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2010 at 11:45 PM
Yes. I actually tried to post the latest beta of Rawr4 on Sun/Mon, but was running into issues with our hosting on EJ, and couldn't get it uploaded right. I'm super busy with BlizzCon, and haven't gotten a chance to talk with the EJ guys to fix it, and probably won't until next week.