Rawr - leveling

Topics: Rawr.Base
Oct 18, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Ok, even if the stats don't match up, is there any issue still using Rawr to look for the best upgrades.  I'm lvling a warrior (mostly fury through quests) and I'm getting alot of instance gear.  I'm using Pawn right now for stats on upgrades.  At what lvl should I stop using heirlooms, or at least start keeping blues from instances?  Pretty much the same set of items that were good in instances and heroics are gonna still be pretty good upgrades, right?  Right now I'm working on my alts to 80, and I've only got 4 to go.  Statscore is the addon I used before, but it's not working right now (by Tuesday the author says).  I don't think I'll be gemming anything for now, or enchanting, since they're alts.  My mains are both icc geared so I'm not worrying about upgrading them either until cata.  Seems I got off topic abit.

Basically

At what lvl should I stop using heirlooms, or at least start keeping blues from instances?

What addons do yall use for ingame gear scoring (pawn, statscore)?

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Just make intelligent decisions. Rawr will somewhat help you for leveling, but any time you spend using Rawr instead of actually leveling is a net loss in leveling speed.

Developer
Oct 18, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Heirlooms stats work out to about i187ish.  With that in mind, if you get an i200 drop of the appropriate type, it will probably be better.  Otherwise, stick w/ the heirloom.

Editor
Oct 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I'm a big fan of Pawn, for giving me real 0-minute stat breakdowns, and for gearing characters while leveling.  Not a chance in hell that I'd use it as a max-level gearing tool, but for those purposes, it's great.

Oct 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Yeah, Pawn is fantastic as a quick and nasty tool while leveling.   I still use it on my druid as a "double-check" that I haven't missed something in Rawr (like trash drops which are easy to forget about in your planning).    With so many alts it is really useful to name my scales as well - like "Feral 247/200" which reminds me of my hit and expertise caps for each toon & spec :)

That and the fact that with the change in mechanics with the latest patch, Rawr is only of limited use and Pawn is much faster to use :)

Looking forward to Rawr 4