Rawr Splash Screen

Topics: Retired
Mar 3, 2008 at 2:44 PM
Firstly I'm pretty sure I missed some names and I'm sorry for that - but this is just a template version I made digging up the credits I could find easily. Creating a new splash screen has been on my mind from the day I first looked at Rawr, and today I finally got a little time for it. See if you prefer this to the current one -

The class icons at the bottom are for classes that have been modeled and I grouped the names of multiple specs under one class.
Mar 3, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Ohhh, nice!

There's already a custom icon definable for each model; we could use that to dynamically display what models are loading. Instead of the names of people (because so many people contribute to Rawr, but aren't in charge of a model,and the # of people on a model could get large), I'd say we just display the name and version # under each icon, and remove my name from the upper right. Did you make that graphic in the middle? It's neat!
Mar 4, 2008 at 1:41 AM
Sounds good. That graphic in the middle is just an abstract 3d Studio Max rendering that's been used in a few wallpapers and such, and I think it'll fit the concept of a splash screen nicely.
Mar 4, 2008 at 4:01 AM
Well, I want it to be unique to Rawr... I'm trying something now... will post up the results.
Mar 4, 2008 at 6:56 AM
Keeping the Rawr spirit (sum durids is bare, xD), I'll put some funny image from each class in the center, and Rawr can choose it at random or based on last model used.

For a Tree for example, a extract from something like this:

Mar 4, 2008 at 3:41 PM
OKie... I'm not happy with the "Rawr" text, but here's how it looks now. Models and their version #s are all dynamic.