Custom Rotation

Topics: Rawr.DPSDK, Rawr.TankDK
Nov 16, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Hi. I know custom rotation was reported as bugged or at least someone said so, and I think it ll be fixded in the further revisions, but the problem is that I m playing on a private server, so we won t have Cataclysm for awhile = I can t update my RAWR anymore...

Either way, does any of you guys know which RAWR has custom rotation ( for DK ) working ? The latest version if you can ? Thx a lot.

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2010 at 4:21 PM

We won't be continuing to support Rawr for WotLK, and to my knowledge, custom rotations hasn't worked for DK in a while, if ever.

Developer
Nov 16, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Yeah, Custom Rotations are probably going the way of the dodo.  I'm working to get the rotation solver functional and providing some decent DPS approximations on its own.  Also technically, private servers are against the TOS, so I wouldn't be working to maintain that support.

Editor
Nov 17, 2010 at 4:53 AM
"Also technically, private servers are against the TOS, so I wouldn't be working to maintain that support." No 'technically' about it, it's flat-out against the TOS and unsupported from our end. If your private server happens to be pimp enough to keep up with the real deal, then you happen to get a double freeload. Otherwise, we're not going to go out of our way to support a product/service that is unethical and goes against what the legitimate playerbase has agreed to as a TOS.
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2010 at 5:39 AM
BrWarner wrote:
"Also technically, private servers are against the TOS, so I wouldn't be working to maintain that support." No 'technically' about it, it's flat-out against the TOS and unsupported from our end. If your private server happens to be pimp enough to keep up with the real deal, then you happen to get a double freeload. Otherwise, we're not going to go out of our way to support a product/service that is unethical and goes against what the legitimate playerbase has agreed to as a TOS.

This.

Dec 11, 2010 at 11:23 PM
BrWarner wrote:

Rrrrright, buuut.... you do realise that I didn t ask for anything even remotly close to this, right ? I wanted a previous version of RAWR where custom rotation worked for a DK...

Developer
Dec 11, 2010 at 11:27 PM

To make really bad gearing decisions?

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Jothay wrote:

To make really bad gearing decisions?

Ah, geeeez.... yeah, let s pretend it s because of that... so.... do you know the version ? "No" is an answer too, thank you for your asistance.

Developer
Dec 12, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Nope... I'm working hard enough trying to get the new stuff implemented.  I'm not going to branch off an older build to make that functionality work.

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:26 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I don t wanna sound harsh.... but.... am I speaking Chinese ? I want an OLDER (previous, former) version of RAWR, where custom rotation for a DK workED ( /was working -previous tense, not asking for future or present). I did NOT ask you to work on it, I did NOT ask you to branch off, I did NOT ask you to go and violate TOS, I DID NOT ask anything about that. I asked about OLDER (reading this figuring out that I m not asking about future, but about past, or previous-) version of RAWR where it workED (again, past tense / previous, former etc. NOT future or present, PAST PAST PAST PAST !) ?

Got it ? /FACEDESK Nevermind, this is pointless to ask. I asked 3 times already, no decent reply at all.

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM

"Hello, ZickZak. I m not an admin or anything, but I went through older versions of RAWR and I found out that 2.2.20 has custom rotation for a DK working, you can try to download other (newer) versions to try it out. If you want something else, ask again. Thanks for using RAWR, have a nice day :)"

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM
ZickZak wrote:

"Hello, ZickZak. I m not an admin or anything, but I went through older versions of RAWR and I found out that 2.2.20 has custom rotation for a DK working, you can try to download other (newer) versions to try it out. If you want something else, ask again. Thanks for using RAWR, have a nice day :)"

Thx man, that s what I ve been looking for.

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Maybe you missed the part where we don't want to help you because you're effectively scum?

Dec 15, 2010 at 6:29 PM

"If you run out of arguments, no problem lah, just insult everyone around and you ve won"

Astrylian, please do not enter a conversation for what you re too juvenile, ok ? As I said "this is pointless to ask. I asked 3 times already, no decent reply at all." and then... I simply answered to myself. Is there a problem with that ? You can t answer, I answer to myself, I certainly won t call you names as kids do... or you as a matter of fact. Have a nice time and go get some chill pills, hop hop ;)

Developer
Dec 15, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Perhaps you could shed some light on your crazy and tell us exactly why you wanted an older version of Rawr that has no relevance on how calculations should be done for current WoW?

Dec 15, 2010 at 6:57 PM
Jothay wrote:

Perhaps you could shed some light on your crazy and tell us exactly why you wanted an older version of Rawr that has no relevance on how calculations should be done for current WoW?

Aside of the fact that it s not rly important: I wanted to see some numbers before and after adjusting custom rotation.

Developer
Dec 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM

But those number changes before and after are against WotLK values and before a LOT of other fixes had even gone in back then.

Adjusting the rotation numbers now wouldn't tell you anything that you needed to know.

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Edited Dec 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Jothay wrote:

But those number changes before and after are against WotLK values and before a LOT of other fixes had even gone in back then.

Adjusting the rotation numbers now wouldn't tell you anything that you needed to know.

I know it s called "Discussion", but I wasn t interested in a dicussion, I was interested in simple reply, not putting every single part of my mind into translating to you my question. And that one was pretty simple. I didn t ask for anything else, any advices or such. I simply asked which latest rawr has the custom rotation for DK working.... and I get tons of stuff about that the developper won t branch off, that branch off would mean viloating ToS or w/e back. Be simple, just say "v2.2.2.2" or w/e - all I wanted to know. Anyway, I m not rly gonna participate in this discussion cause I found what I needed to. See ya.

Developer
Dec 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM

ok then.

For everyone else's reference, if you are thinking like ZickZak here, you are mentally diminished. Old versions of Rawr, especially pre-cataclysm ones, will only lead you down a bad road in gearing. There is no point to trying to use them for gearing decisions.

Developer
Dec 15, 2010 at 8:39 PM
ZickZak wrote:

the problem is that I m playing on a private server

This...is why we refuse to help you. Stop being a jackass, and join the public servers and play/pay legitimately. 

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Exactly. He's not retarded for wanting an old version of Rawr where custom rotations work. He's retarded for playing on an illegal server, and wanting a version of Rawr that helps him do that.

Developer
Dec 16, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Private servers don't follow the same combat rules as the official wow game.  So any calculations Rawr does may not even match what you'll be finding in your private game at all.

Developer
Dec 16, 2010 at 7:59 PM

And if we go back to the referenced build, it barely supported 3.2 at that point. No T10 support of any kind.  I know DKs went through quite a bit of changes during ICC raiding.