Workaround for manual items?

Topics: Rawr.Base, Rawr.Base.Items
Dec 11, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Hey I see that manually editing the item cache in the UI in rawr4 is NYI.  Is there a location where it stores the XML files that I can manually go in and adjust/change/add items?

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM

If you are using Windows Vista or 7, you use the following link

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Silverlight\is\

From there look into the folders eventually you should see an "f" folder that holds the cache files. To reset them you use the reset cache in the program and that will redo anything you edited.

As for Adding items, the Wowhead import feature does work. Only issue we currently have with it is source information.

Developer
Dec 11, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Why are you needing to edit it manually? In the Tools > Edit Items dialog you can add items there or if you are wearing them at time of armory pull they will be added automatically.

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Jothay wrote:

Why are you needing to edit it manually? In the Tools > Edit Items dialog you can add items there or if you are wearing them at time of armory pull they will be added automatically.

Tools->Edit Add doesn't work yet.  If you choose Wowhead it throws errors.  If you don't choose Wowhead nothing happens...no item gets added.  If you try the old tricks that worked in the old Rawr where you say add item -1 and want it to prompt you to manually enter it just says cannot find -1.

Armory pulling is also NYI.  Options->Reload from armory also says NYI and nothing happens when you do it. 

So I'm stuck with manually adding them to the XML files.  Maybe you have a newer version than me Jothay heh...

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Interesting.  I retried with the online version instead of the offline version and it lets me import items from wowhead.  When I click the offline version button however nothing happens.  It doesn't prompt me to update or redownload.

The online version is amazingly frustratingly slow compared to offline.  But I guess if that's the only way I can import items I will keep trying it...