Suggestion: Add item dps in the item comparison window for the mage model

Topics: Retired
Mar 12, 2008 at 12:06 AM
I noticed that the warlock and moonkin tabs show item dps in the comparison screens whereas the mage tab shows total damage. Would it be possible to add item dps overlayed on top of the total damage comparison? Currently the total damage is redundantly listed within the bar and to the right of the bar so it might be a nice change to show the dps on the right instead. Currently, in order to get the dps increase I have to equip the different item and then subtract the dps difference between the 2 items to figure this out.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2008 at 12:25 AM
Both are proportional, so it shouldn't be a big deal, it's just up to all us model authors to standardize, I think.

My suggestion is to just standardize all the DPS models on DPS*100 for ratings. Any thoughts?
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2008 at 3:04 AM
I suggest we standardize to straight Dps. I changed the comparison chart to round to 2 decimals instead of to integer in order to provide meaningful comparisons for small order increases like between gems.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2008 at 3:42 AM
Hmm... There was a reason I went with whole numbers for that, but I don't recall what it was... I'll see if I see any problems after a while, and if not, yeah, standardizing on straight DPS sounds best.