Going $%@$#% Crazy getting newest version.

Topics: Rawr.Base
Dec 19, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Been looking through all sorts of closed threads on how its "Been discussed before, closing thread", How the hell do i get the new version of Rawr to show? It still says its .10 for me. Ive uninstalled the webpage version, offline version....These threads are not easy to look through any more. Some gimme a linky or sumpin :P

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Try clearing your browser's cache.

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I'm having the same issue.  Have cleared out all caches both in the options and manually but the xap file it re-downloads is still b4.0.10.0.

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Skid; what fixed it for me was I opened .10 version then (right?) clicked to remove that version. I went back to elitistjerk site and re-installed version .12 but it took a few tries but finally installed after waiting for a bit. Unsure how long of a delay cuz I went and took care of other business. I think it was about 20-30 minutes between uninstall and silverlight update and fresh install of version .12.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't even have it installed offline so those steps wouldn't apply to me.  I also checked and I do have the latest version of silverlight.  It looks like it is still downloading the old xap file from EJ.

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Just want to make sure you're understanding, because it sounds like you might not. I'm not talking about Silverlight's cache or anything Silverlight related at all. In your browser itself's options is a way to clear its cache. IE calls it 'Temporary Internet Files'. Clear that, completely close all copies of IE, and relaunch it, then goto http://elitistjerks.com/rawr.php, and try it.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Yep.  I've cleared IE's temporary internet files both through internet options and manually.  Closed IE and tried again.  I've done the same with Firefox and Chrome with no luck.

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Very odd. The only thing I can think in your situation is something in-between caching it. Are you on a corporate network perhaps?

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I am behind a proxy so that may be causing it.  Thanks for the tips anyway.  I'll try again tomorrow from a mac that isn't behind a proxy.

Editor
Dec 20, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Good luck with it.  Please keep us apprised!  =D

Dec 21, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Worked ok from the mac.   Looks like an issue on my end with the proxy but I was able to build it locally so will just do that for now.  Thanks!

Developer
Dec 29, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Try http://www.chromeboard.com/showthread.php?t=7095