Can Relative Stat Values be altered?

Topics: Rawr.Mage
Dec 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Can relative stat values be altered? I have a fire mage and the stats weights on mastery are very low and I was wondering if there was a way to customize that. I am just looking to make haste and mastery closer in value.

Thx

-nitrax-

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:23 PM
nitrax wrote:

Can relative stat values be altered? I have a fire mage and the stats weights on mastery are very low and I was wondering if there was a way to customize that. I am just looking to make haste and mastery closer in value.

Thx

-nitrax-

The only way to do that would be to change the mage model itself.  The relative values are calculated based on your current stats.

The whole point of Rawr is to be able to calculate possible gear combinations based on a model for your class.  What I believe you mean to say is there is a problem with the Mage model undervaluing mastery.  It's possible, but I have no clue about the Mage model.  What basis do you have for thinking that mastery is under-valued?

Developer
Dec 22, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Nitrax, and anyone else reading this thinking the same question, stat weights are NOT WHAT RAWR DOES.

http://rawr.codeplex.com/documentation

http://rawr.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=FAQ&referringTitle=Documentation#01

Dec 23, 2010 at 1:11 AM

So in simple terms, trust it and I should see success ?

I have always before so I dont have an issue with that. I has always worked very well. So it takes the gear avail and makes the best choices it sounds( based on the selection of current gear).

I was just suprised to see such low mastery. and from the information I have read till now I was under the impression I should have a bit more mastery. Mastery is about balance with haste, if not a bit better. I will try and follow Rawr to a "T" and see if I see a difference.

Again I have always trusted it before and have had great success, so thank you for what you guys do and the hard work you put out.

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Specifically regarding fire mastery in Rawr.Mage, there is some discussion going about Rawr.Mage and SimulationCraft having significantly different values of mastery for fire. Last I heard, both sides are investigating that, and haven't found a conclusive reason for that yet, or which one is more accurate.

Developer
Dec 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Nope Nitrax it is not about trusting it, its about testing it. The point you were missing is that there are NO relavtive stats values to tweak, such a thing simply doesn't exist in Rawr. Instead we work out how each ability/talent/enchant/stat contributes to your dps. There are lots and lots of calculations that work out how things interact and give a dps result.

What we CAN tweak is therefore the formulas, so if a formula is giving the wrong result eg: if it says your damage from spell X should be xxxxx but you are constantly seeing yyyyy. Then perhaps there might be an issue with the formula that calculates the damage from spell X or some of the talents affecting it. If you find such a problem we can tweak the formula and it should fix that. That might in turn make a stat like mastery appear better. However this is as a result of making the formulas better.

TLDR: we calculate dps based on formulas, there are NO stats values to tweak.

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM

To clarify, the "Relative Stat Values" you see in Rawr are outputs only, never inputs. They're not actually used for anything in Rawr. Your gear, enchants, buffs, fight parameters, etc, are the inputs.