Sometimes no gear shows up except for what I'm wearing

Topics: Rawr.Addon, Rawr.Base.ItemFilters
Dec 27, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Edited Dec 27, 2010 at 10:28 PM

If I import from Armory on my Windows 7 laptop, everything is great.  I see the whole gear lists for each slot.  However, if I import from Armory on my Windows Vista 64 box, I don't see any other gear except the gear I'm wearing.  I thought it was that Windows Vista 64 didn't work so well with the latest Rawr, but then I talked to a friend who uses Windows 7, and he said he was having the same problem.  He couldn't get any other gear to show up.

Is this a known issue?  Is there a workaround to get other gear to show up?

Great job, looking forward to more polished versions!

-- edit --

I've loaded my feral cat and mage, and see the same behavior.  Offtopic:  feral cat is saying that haste and crit are about the same at my gear level?  Could this be right, or is model just kind of off right now?

Dec 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM

You managed to get a blank item cache (probably due to a crash or quit while it was loading or something). Options > Reset All Caches. That should fix it for you.

Cat is working file right now; it's totally reasonable for Haste and Crit to be of similar values at some gear levels.

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.

More offtopicness:  Trinket list looks pretty strange for feral cats, assume many of the trinkets aren't being modelled correctly atm, especially all the the +AGI and proc ones.  And, it doesn't seem to like my JC +67 AGI gems at all.

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2010 at 12:16 AM

It's not a problem of not being 'modeled properly', but rather a problem of the current live item cache not having the right data for all of them (especially the heroic versions of the trinkets). I can see how that's not much of a difference to users though.

EDIT: Oh, I guess it does have one important difference: You can simply edit the item and add the right proc to it, and it'll work fine. Additionally, your 67agi gems are a known issue: they're considered Unique(1) instead of Unique(3) by the current live version. Just either manually add the 3 67agi ones yourself, or edit them and make them non-unique, and then manually only use 3 of the ones it tells you to. That'll be fixed in the next version.

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Thanks that worked, all the gear shows up now.  I'll try the 67 AGI Gem workaround you suggest tonight.  Not clear how I could add the right proc to trinkets, but maybe I'll be able to figure it out...

Just curious, did you guys consider doing this in Java?  Would have been nice to run Rawr on the Android platform.  I know squat about Silverlight, but it seems to act a lot like Java applets.

Dec 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Doing it in Java would be possible, though almost certainly slower performance, and more importantly, would be a complete rewrite from scratch (instead of an 80+% port), in a language/platform that none of us know or use at all. ie, it's pretty well out of the question.