Preliminary DMC:H data from EJ

Topics: Rawr.Cat
Jan 2, 2011 at 2:13 AM

From EJ ( http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t105429-cataclysm_mechanics_testing/p8/#post1830133 )

My first test was just to check procc rate and it seems to be 1PPM. Did it with a 2.2 sword and flowers in offhand, ~3.6% was the expected procc rate but got 3.2%.
Special attacks (tested with SS) can procc it, so can FoK.
It benefits from the 8% spellpower buff, seem to have a 150% crit and I'm fairly sure it is spell crit.
On the sad news however, it does not seem to benefit from Bandit's guile (got a 4k procc during deep insight)

Most interesting thing here that it seem to not have any ICD at all, or if it does a very short one. Observed proccs as close as 5 sec after each other in my first test when the log wasnt that spammy.

I'm not sure I have it modeled perfectly in my Rawr, I have it as Physical hit, no ICD, 5000 nature dmg, 3% chance.  I'm not sure this accounts for it being critable, nor the spellpower buff or miss chance (reportedly misses on spell hit table from other sources).  By this modeling it's a decent trinket but not BiS.  Any suggestions on changes to my settings for it?  Or do I have it about right?

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2011 at 3:44 AM
Edited Jan 2, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Well I currently have it set at 5% chance in the latest release (4.0.14b) so it being at 3.2% - 3.6% is not too terribly off. This was actually one of the few trinket procs I was having issues with in terms of modeling, so any additional information would be helpful. Some useful information would be to get the number attacks and the number of procs.

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Edited Jan 2, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I turned mine in today and spent some time on the raider dummy.  Looking pretty dismal for cat spec, honestly.  Two different 3 minute full rotation trials, both only 5 procs.  It can miss, it can crit (150% crit).  No buffs, though I did use Berserk once and Lifeblood twice each run.

Attacks that might have been able to proc in the last 3 min run:

48 Shred, 203 Melee, 4 Ferocious Bite, 17 Fury Swipes, 5 Mangle, 14 Rake

That's a 1.7% proc chance assuming all of those can proc.  The counts were roughly the same for the other 3 min run.

Inputting 1.7% in Rawr lines up almost exactly with modeling it as 1 PPM no ICD which is what the EJ rogue forums have been proposing is the correct model.  Seems like more data in support of that.  I'm moving my Rawr to 1 PPM and I'll probably just wear this for PvP :(.

Well...that was a huge waste of herb farming haha...