Items missing from item cache (not random)

Topics: Rawr.Base.Items
Jan 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Just continuing the discussion from the issue I placed.

I guess I'm more concerned that an item like the Caridean Epaulettes were missing from the item cache completely.  Had I not gotten the drop and tried to see where it fit into my set in Rawr I wouldn't have even known the item was missing.  This item turns out to be pretty high on the list of potential items so to another druid looking for upgrades this wouldn't have been listed.

When you update the global item cache from wowhead or the like do you just query every item from 1-100000 or how do you ensure that you are getting a good full set of items?

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Like we already said in the issue tracker, the item cache was largely based on beta data which will be updated again for .15 now that a lot of that is populated on wowhead. Making more threads on it isn't going to change that.

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:26 PM

No worries I didn't see the replies to the issue and noticed that Astrylian asked for clarification so I created a thread here.

I'm glad that you guys are planning on updating the item cache in .15, and to my knowledge that wasn't stated anywhere so glad to have the new info.

Thanks for your work

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

We'll be updating the itemcache in pretty much every new version, ever. It's not something you can 'get right', it's a constantly evolving thing.