missing enchants

Topics: Retired
Mar 14, 2008 at 1:45 PM
Hi there,

First of all love the program, great work, this is what all wow players have been waiting for.
I have a question about enchants, i want to put +12 strength on bracers but there is no option
for importing/adding enchants. Am i doing something wrong? or is it missing caus its a beta?

best regards Malawi
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2008 at 3:35 PM
The latest version of Rawr already includes 12str to bracers. If you don't see it, you're probably using an old EnchantCache, from a previous version. Close Rawr, delete your EnchantCache.xml file, and relaunch Rawr.
Mar 18, 2008 at 12:48 AM
hello, i miss an enchant too, the "Glyph of the Gladiator" to head slot... its coming with 2.4... item ID 29193... can i add somehow when its not in the database?
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2008 at 1:37 AM
You can add it by editing EnchantCache.xml. Adding

<Enchant>
<Id>29193</Id>
<Name>Glyph of the Defender</Name>
<Slot>Head</Slot>
<Stats>
<Stamina>18</Stamina>
<Resilience>20</Resilience>
</Stats>
</Enchant>

should do the trick.
Mar 18, 2008 at 10:45 AM
thank you very much! .)
Mar 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM
Edited Mar 18, 2008 at 11:01 AM
I added in some of the resistance armor kits and head enchants with their correct spell IDs and slots, but the bear model does not appear to consider their stats "useful" and therefore refuses to display them in the drop-downs. Also, if I manually add this enchant to my gear in the character's saved XML file, they still aren't taken into consideration in caluculations, whereas resistance that is innate to gear is considered. Perhaps if I add 0.000001 stamina the Bear model will consider it useful and list it as an option. In the meantime, I'm adding the extra bonuses from the enchants directly to the items I'm considering.

I'm assuming that the Nature Survival, Fire Survival, etc. complex stats refer to incoming spell damage, and not to incoming elemental melee damage. Elemental melee damage can crit but not crush, can be dodged or parried but not blocked, is not reduced by armor, is reduced by AP reducing abilities such as demoralizing roar/demoralizing shout, and is reduced by resistances at the same rate as spell damage.

It might be useful for the Bear model to break up the complex stats into additional sections: Physical Melee Survival, Elemental Melee Survival, and Spell Survival.
Mar 18, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Kavan wrote:
You can add it by editing EnchantCache.xml. Adding

<Enchant>
<Id>29193</Id>
<Name>Glyph of the Defender</Name>
<Slot>Head</Slot>
<Stats>
<Stamina>18</Stamina>
<Resilience>20</Resilience>
</Stats>
</Enchant>

should do the trick.

Shouldn't the name line read:
<Name>Glyph of the Gladiator</Name>
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Yagermyster wrote:

Shouldn't the name line read:
<Name>Glyph of the Gladiator</Name>

Of course :) (copy/paste too much)
Mar 19, 2008 at 7:21 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2008 at 7:22 AM
Also, the enchant spell ID for Glyph of the Gladiator is 3004, not 29193. (That's the item's ID.)