Mage 2pc Set Bonus

Topics: Rawr.Mage
Jan 6, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I updated all cache files today (just in case there was an update since I last looked) and wanted to check what the better current upgrade for me between tier Chest and tier Gloves (I have no tier pieces currently).

After optimizing my gear and equipping the recommendations in RAWR, I then ran the optimize with just the gloves added and the optimization score showed 30dps upgrade. I then repeated the process just for the chest and it was 120dps upgrade.

For giggles I wanted to check how much the bonus for 2 piece would give and then did an optimization with both and it gave me an upgrade of 160dps - or only 10dps extra from the 2 individual pieces. All the values and gear for optimizations were the same throughout. I would have thought 5% crit was worth more than 10dps, is this broken in some fashion currently?

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:52 PM

When you say you did an update if you refreshed from Wowhead the items might have lost the set name. It's not a very strong bonus, but it should definitely be more than 10 dps.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:38 PM

No, i have noticed it doesnt seem to update automatically if there is a new RAWR version so normally when I reload the page I do a "reset all caches" to make sure. Otherwise it was set with the item info that wasincluded in those caches.