Item location

Topics: Retired
Mar 27, 2008 at 9:07 PM
I have added item location information to the item cache. Right now, all you can do is see the source of the item in the tooltips. We should be able to allow for filtering or auto selecting items for the optimizer using this information. There are a few items that I just cant seem to get any information about from the armory (e.g. http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/item-info.xml?i=34353 - notice the armory doesn't even tell you where it comes from). If there are any items that are missing location information, post an item number (or link) here and I will see if I can figure out why.
Mar 27, 2008 at 11:33 PM
I looked that item up on wowhead; it's new in 2.4. Its probable that the armory hasn't been updated with all of the new items yet and thats probably the source of most of the items that don't pull back with source info.
Mar 28, 2008 at 3:38 AM
the xml is actually coming back with 'sourcetype.none' in some of them. There are some others that are craftable, but they don't say how. Until wowhead makes the data usable, or blizz fixes the armory some of this stuff is not going to be filled.