Stop Trolling

Topics: Off-Topic
Developer
Mar 30, 2011 at 8:46 AM

We're seeing a rash of users posting Discussions and Issues without even trying to follow the Posting Guidelines.

Please read and follow them so we don't have to waste time responding to things by asking for more information or to tell you to follow the Posting Guidelines (like I'm having to do right now).

Issues should be in the Issue Tracker ONLY. They should include the character file where the issue is occurring and detailed information about how to reproduce the issue.

We reserve the right to delete posts and/or close issues that are not properly documented.

Remember, the more time we spend on "junk posts" the less time we have to write code that makes Rawr work better. Help us help you.

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Just to expound on that slightly (no offense, Jothay, it was a good post)...

A lot of people ask, "How do I know whether I should post in the Issue Tracker or in the Discussions?"  The simple answer is: Post in the Issue Tracker.  Discussions are for things like developers wanting to gather user input on a potential new feature, or publishing information on new releases.  If you're coming here because you want to let the developers know something about Rawr - whether it be a cool new feature you thought of, a crash, a problem with the calculations, or even just a question about why Rawr is weighting things a certain way - post it as an issue.  If it turns out to be a discussion, we can always move it later.