Interpreting Mage Spell Cycle Solution

Topics: Retired
Apr 5, 2008 at 5:17 PM
I attempted unsuccessfully to find another post that addresses this question, since it seems so basic. I am having difficulty interpreting the spell cycle results for Rawr.mage. When I mouse over the Spell Cycles asterisk in the Solution box, I get:

Mana Potion: 2.07x
Mana Gem: 3.00x
Molten FuryHeroismIcy VeinsSerpent-Coil BraidIcon of the Silver Crescent+Fireball: 9.84 sec
and the a whole bunch of lines with different combinations of the above followed by a number of seconds

It seems clear that the solution is telling me that I need to use a couple pots and all three charges on my mana emerald. What I do not understand is remaining solution. It seems that the combinations are ordered in descending order of DPS, since the list ends with "Fireball: 214.49 sec." But how do I take that information and turn it in to a linear timeline that shows me the best time to use various trinkets and abilities, which cooldowns to stack, whether to wait for IV and SCB to be synched or to use them separately, etc?

By the way, thank you for all the great work that has gone into the Rawr project. It is a great asset for the WoW community.
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2008 at 5:21 PM
Edited Apr 5, 2008 at 5:21 PM
b13 will tell you exactly what you're looking for.
b12 just tells you the correct combinations of cooldowns; it's up to you to figure out how to chain them together in those combos.

b13 should be released this weekend.