Working on first Healadin patch

Topics: Rawr.Healadin
Developer
May 2, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Thanks for the helpful replies to my thread on setting up everything to get me started.

I've been tinkering with the Healadin code a little, and have made a couple improvements.  It needs a lot more though!

My updates:

• corrected stats (mana, spellpower coeficient, etc) for Flash of Light, Holy Light, Divine Light and Holy Shock
  • Fixed Walk in the Light calculation
  • Removed Divine Favor from crit % calculation. (was always adding 20% rather than just when proc'd)

Still being totally new to this environment, I do not know how to submit my code changes.  All my changes are in 1 file, Spell.cs, in Healadin. 

I see on your "Development Applications" page it states that I will need:

A Codeplex Account, which will be upgraded to a Developer status to allow code submissions

Was I supposed to apply before I touched the code?  Is there an intermediate process where new people, not quite approved to checking code in and out, can submit an update?

Thanks again!

Developer
May 2, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Go to the Source Code page and click Upload Patch. Provide a zip containing all the files you changed. We'll review and apply as necessary, get a couple of those going (to show you are actively working the model) and we'll upgrade your account to Dev status.

Developer
May 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Thanks, I uploaded that first patch last night, and had some time to tinker more today.   I added Word of Glory and Light of Dawn spells to the spell information today, that's almost working.  Once I get all the spells there, reporting correct information (or at least close to correct), I'll start working on the rotation part.

I imagine it's not helpful to upload every small improvement I make, so I'll wait a week or so to upload my next one.  I probably wont have a ton of time in the coming days anyway, with work and raiding the next few days...

When I do upload my next patch, it will be cumulative with the one I did already, I assume that's OK.  Oh, and I know I am not very experienced in C++, so I don't mind someone telling me to code something differently.  They have code reviews at my job regularly, so I'm used to people making suggestions.

Coordinator
May 3, 2011 at 2:28 AM
molotok wrote:

Thanks, I uploaded that first patch last night, and had some time to tinker more today.   I added Word of Glory and Light of Dawn spells to the spell information today, that's almost working.  Once I get all the spells there, reporting correct information (or at least close to correct), I'll start working on the rotation part.

I imagine it's not helpful to upload every small improvement I make, so I'll wait a week or so to upload my next one.  I probably wont have a ton of time in the coming days anyway, with work and raiding the next few days...

When I do upload my next patch, it will be cumulative with the one I did already, I assume that's OK.  Oh, and I know I am not very experienced in C++, so I don't mind someone telling me to code something differently.  They have code reviews at my job regularly, so I'm used to people making suggestions.

Sounds fine. And it's C#, not C++; C++ is very very different. :)

Developer
May 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM

So I got almost all the spells getting calculated correctly.  I just have to add Holy Radiance.   I then started looking at the rotation, but realized the first thing I had to do is fix the mana calculations, combat regen being the biggest problem.  I fixed that and a couple misc bugs, and now the model is putting out some numbers based on the old rotation.  However, at least the spells and mana are correct, so the number is somewhat meaningful now.

Next I have to:

• improve the rotation
  • add a slider bar for Light of Dawn vs Word of Glory use (for spending Holy Power)
  • add a slider bar for % effectiveness for Light of Dawn (because the frontal cone area doesnt always cover the max # of players who need heals))
  • Add Holy Radiance to the tool, and 2 slider bars.  One for how often to use it, and another for % effectness (as people have to be stacked tightly to get 100% out of it)
  • Look at the talents / glyphs, I know many are ignored or calculated wrong now.
  • Add something for T11 and T12 bonuses

So as expected, it will take a while to get all done!

Once I get a bit more progress, I'll upload another patch.