Moonkin rotations?

Topics: Rawr.Base, Rawr.Moonkin
May 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Hello,

I was looking for a place in the documentation that described what the various Moonkin rotations mean, but I could not find it.  What does it mean when it says apply DoT's "twice"?  2x per Solar + 2x per Lunar?  2x per complete cycle?  WM is for Wild Mushrooms correct?

Also, could you please explain what Rawr means by Sustained vs. Burst DPS?  These two numbers have always been the same every time I look at them, so I find it a bit distracting and was wondering if there is a way to tell Rawr to only show me one?

Thanks!

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 6:47 PM

The cycles are taken directly out of the Moonkin spreadsheet; so when it says "MF Twice", that means Moonfire sometime during Lunar proc and sometime during Solar proc.  (General consensus is to apply them as soon as is practical after the proc, to take advantage of Nature's Grace.)  WM is Wild Mushrooms, yes, and SF is Starfall.  I apologize for the terse vocabulary, but tooltip space is limited.

As for Sustained vs. Burst, this is covered elsewhere somewhere, but I'll explain it shortly.  Burst DPS ignores mana considerations.  Given that any moonkin in decent raid-level gear shouldn't be having mana problems, the two numbers _should_ be the same.  However, for someone who just dinged 85 and is looking at 10- to 15-minute boss fights, mana will probably play a considerable role.