Rotation Report

Topics: Rawr.TankDK
Jul 5, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Rawr 4.2.0.0, TankDK, the Rotation Report seems to die about 2/3 the way through and tells me to spam Rune Strike 30 times followed by White Swing for about 50 times, to finish out the 124 second rotation.  While it's unlikely I'd ever follow that recommendation, I do wonder if this is evidence of an underlying issue that might affect its evaluation of gear.  If the generation attacks look like that for half the rotation, and they're reported from the calculations, it makes sense that the gear values could be similarly affected.

I'm posting this in discussion instead of issue tracker because this may not be a bug at all, so I'm just seeking feedback.  If someone indicates this is a bug, I will gladly created a bug report.

Cheers

Developer
Jul 5, 2011 at 4:56 PM

The rotation reports are specifically NOT in order of execution.  Also, the rotation has only a small effect on the overall gear evaluation for TankDK, given that Survival and Avoidance (mitigation) has nothing to do with the rotation, and Burst comes not only from DS+Blood Shield, but also on-use trinkets and abilities.   If you have a concern about the gear evaluation, please be specific.

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Thank you, this answers my question.  I have no concerns with gear evaluation other than that if the rotation report was actually supposed to be ordered, that something underlying was up.  Since that's not the case, there is no issue.

As long as I'm here, I do often wonder why the negative side of the graph is often empty (large negative values) even though no gear is listed with any negative values.  It doesn't affect usability in any way, just looks strange.  Maybe that's a question for the core devs.

Developer
Jul 5, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I'm with you on that.  I haven't had the time to look into it just yet since there's always items higher on my list, but I am keeping my eye on that weird negative thing.