UH DK Haste problem?

Topics: Rawr.DPSDK
Jul 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM

According to EJs posting... Unholy values haste higher than any other stat sans strength. However, in Rawr... it's constantly valued at .1 no matter what your gear level is.

What's the reasoning behind this? Am I missing something? 

Developer
Jul 22, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I've made some changes to better handle Haste and will be in the next release.  In general haste has key plateaus where benefits of haste will be really small until you reach the next level.  I've mediated that to some degree but it's not completely gone. 

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Can you elaborate on this a bit?

Do you happen to know what these plateaus are rating or percent wise? 

Developer
Jul 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM

In the current in-field model, I only allowed for Whole casts to be valid.  So any partial casts were just kind of dropped and I reported excess RP left over at the end of the rotation.  This meant you would only see a significant benefit if you could squeeze a whole additional cast of DC into the rotation or if the runes would cooldown fast enough to change the GCD count.  You would also see smaller benefits for additional white hits that would squeeze into the total rotation duration.   In my change, I not allow for partial casts of the filler spells (DC in the case of UH) as long as there are resources available.  This also means that I'm allowing partial GCDs, which gives a finer value for the overall rotation duration if you are GCD bound. 

The best way to see this:  Go to the Options tab, you will see a stats graph option.  Select only haste, (or you can include other stats if you want to compare) set the interval to something like 500 or 1000.  Let your machine munch on that for a bit and then it will show the stats graph in a new window.  You will see that all other stats (if you include them) are pretty straight.  Only haste will have a stair step effect.  That shows at what point in the old method would the model show a change in DPS.  Once the next release comes out, you will see that line much more smooth.  I still haven't implemented dealing w/ partial runes yet so I still build the rotations around using up the runes. :) 

Hope that answers your question.

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Are we getting a release soon?  I'm eager to tinker :)

Developer
Jul 23, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Soon... ;)

Developer
Jul 25, 2011 at 2:20 PM

4.2.2 Is released and has the fixes.

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Interestingly enough, using the reforges from the prior model, (Going full mastery with haste secondary, basically) shows a dps increase both on a test dummy and once again in a real world setting, especially on anything aoe related. (The latter expected)

Developer
Jul 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Might be worth cleaning up my partial ability useage code and then providing an option to the user on whether or not to use the partial casts.  This provides the Haste plateaus for those who want to see how it fits into CD usage, and the Haste averages for those who don't.

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:08 AM

I'm not sure where to go with my issue that isn't uh but frost dw. So, I figured i would start here. Looking in game, I have 1.52 swings with DW gurubashi punishers. The armory posts it as 1.67 and Rawr currently posts it as 1.72.  I try to imagine that the .15 credit in the game comes from figuring in 15% from improved icy talons which would match the website listing,  but not sure why rawr sees it but doesn't "pick it up". {listed haste on all 3 is 1554/12.14%.}

Developer
Aug 24, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Write up a defect with your character XML.  I'll definitely take a look.  I thought I had rooted out the haste issues w/ DW Frost a while back.  If there are lingering issues, I want to get them fixed.