Frost DK: Crit rating overvalued

Topics: Rawr.DPSDK
Sep 29, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Since the changes made in changeset 62852, crit rating has had an extremely high priority. So much so that the optimizer has been reforging "excess" mastery into crit whenever possible.

I wasn't aware of any paradigm shifts in frost dps. Possibly this is a side effect associated with the fix?

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM

It is a possible side effect.  The problem before the change was that hit was being over-valued (more accurately it could recommend being over-hit cap as a dps boost). 

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Isn't being over hitcap still a DPS boost?  When you're capped you are just capped for special attacks, in the character screen it says normal attacks still have a chance to miss.  Mine says 18.88% to miss on normal attacks with 615 hit rating

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:16 PM

The problem was that it was recommending to be over-cap on Yellow hits, not just white hits.  Yes, more hit will be a slight boost because you'll miss less on white hits, however, it shouldn't be calculating (for example) Oblit it worth more when it hits 101% of the time.  HitChance shouldn't ever get over 100% So that's where the capping was being handled improperly in my code.