How to set hit and expertise caps for cats?

Topics: Rawr.Cat
Oct 14, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Hello,

I have really looked and searched, and I might be blonde and no RAWR-expert, but I simply didn't find any post how to set followings.

I would like to set hit cap & soft cap on expertise for running the Optimizer. The only option I found under "Additional Requirements" was "Avoided attacks %", so I played with this. At first I set this to 0. Result: hit cap + exp hard cap. So I started increasing the "Avoided attacks %". Result: hit was reduced and expertise was kept high. Nomatter what % I chose, hit was the first to suffer from it. Any ideas how I should be setting which parameters and where?

Thanks for the help,

Developer
Oct 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I can't say for sure with cat, but with DK, it looks at the boss options tab.  Look to the % standing behind the boss value.  Ensure that option is checked and make sure it's set at 100%.  See if that helps.

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Edited Oct 16, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Well, I just did a pass on a few things and as for the cat module, it does not take into account % of the time standing behind the boss. I can turn that on if people want me to. (The setting is set in the Bosshandler.cs file)

As for the hit and expertise optimization, I'm doing some tweaks to the cat module, and that is currently on my to-do list actually.

Developer
Oct 18, 2011 at 7:07 PM

As an avid feral, one thing to note is if you allow positional requirements for a boss, everything suddenly changes as we lose shred.  Any addition of a % of the fight as behind and a % of the fight as in front would require seperate priority rotations.

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:28 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2011 at 2:30 PM

As someone else who also requested this, I'm happy to inform this should be available on the next release.

Check WorkItem:21552 

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2011 at 4:34 PM
morcego wrote:

As someone else who also requested this, I'm happy to inform this should be available on the next release.

Check WorkItem:21552 

Please tell me if any issues come up. I'm pretty sure I got the code correct. Also I did add in support for the T13 for Cats (bears I need more time to work on it). And the 2 and 4 piece are coming out pretty good for us.