Do we really even need Rawr anymore?

Topics: Rawr.Tree
Dec 24, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Isn't Rawr irrelevant now that there is "Ask Mr. Robot"? 

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Absolutely not.  Mr. Robot does a simple analysis based on static stat weights.  However, stat weights in reality are never static; they change every time you change a piece of gear, a gem, an enchant, or a reforge.  They may not change much, but the cumulative effect may cause a change in stat priority, especially when things like haste breakpoints are taken into account.  Rawr does a dynamic computation based on the current stats for your character, and providing the model is properly designed, will yield a more accurate result than a static analysis tool like Mr. Robot.

Developer
Dec 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Think of it this way.

If you do your taxes every year, most people use the simple free tax services of HR BLock, TurboTax, etc etc.  This is "Ask Mr. Robot".  It will give  you a somewhat close estimate fast.

Us though?  We're the CPA with years in tax preparation.  We require a bit more input and time investment, but we'll get you a bigger dps return for your time spent IF you know how to use us.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Wait ... I should be using a CPA?

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2011 at 5:48 AM
xemnosyst wrote:

Wait ... I should be using a CPA?

At one point in my life I was thinking of become a CPA. I blame both my parents for being one.