On Changing Target Mob Level..

Topics: Retired
May 29, 2008 at 5:51 PM
My work schedule doesnt allow me to do much high-end raiding, but I do very much enjoy tankin heroics.

1)Is there any way to change Target Mob Level in rawr.bear to factor in the average 72E boss in heroics? Like weighing items farther away from crittable, etc...

2)How about for rawr.cat? Is there a way to see how items compare against a 70-72 level mob, like unprioritizing Hit Rating?

Mooshoo
Muradin
Coordinator
May 29, 2008 at 6:48 PM
There's a target level dropdown in Rawr.Bear, on the Options tab. For Cat, we don't have that functionality, but it probably won't change gear rankings much; hit capping as a cat isn't a DPS improvement anyway.
May 29, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Can I ask why that is Astry? (regarding the hit)
Coordinator
May 29, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Well Hit is already an inferior stat for Cats. It's not not something you should gem for, certainly, at least. And there's nothing special about capping it unless you cap Exp as well, which you can't do in your situation, so is irrelevant.
May 29, 2008 at 11:15 PM
Why isn't Hit a good stat for Cats? I'd expect it to work the same way as 2H Warriors - get to 9% so you don't miss.
Coordinator
May 29, 2008 at 11:39 PM
I didn't say it wasn't good, just that it's inferior (to agi). Missing is not a huge big deal for cats like it is for other classes. 8agi provides quite a bit more dps than 8hit does. 
May 30, 2008 at 12:58 PM
Well, the fact remains, that if my hit rating on the model is below 9%, then it will recommend an item gemmed with hit rating over an item gemmed with agi.

Since there is already a target level dropdown in Rawr.Bear, how easy would it be to add one for Rawr.Cat? Im really not much of a technical person, more just plug n play. Thats why I like Rawr so much anyway ^,,^

Mooshoo
Muradin
Coordinator
May 30, 2008 at 4:18 PM
"Well, the fact remains, that if my hit rating on the model is below 9%, then it will recommend an item gemmed with hit rating over an item gemmed with agi."

What? I'd really like to see any character file that it recommends hit over agi.
May 30, 2008 at 8:51 PM
The only time an item gemmed with hit should beat an item gemmed for agi is when you need a yellow to meet your meta gem requirements, or if you you have a good (read: agi) socket bonus (like the t4 helm, insidious bands etc.)