High DPI Fonts Causing Display Issues

Topics: Retired
Jun 6, 2008 at 2:19 PM
Hi there,

I'm not sure if this goes under 'Issue Tracker' or here, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I use Windows XP Media Centre Edition, and it came with a nice set of high-DPI fonts that make everything look shiney and pretty. Rawr really doesn't like this, and all the text is shunted off or hidden under buttons; some buttons are un-clickable as they are pushed away, and most things I can only read the first few words of. I'm pretty sure that setting my fonts to the normal lame DPI will fix it... There are a couple of other programs that do the same thing, but I don't want to change my setup every time I want to use just a couple of programs! So I go without.

If there is any way you could change the layout-formatting so that it displays correctly on my system, that would be awesome! However, I understand that I am probably in a very small minority here.

-Will
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2008 at 4:14 PM
Windows Forms' support for high dpi resolutions is broken. Sorry, you'll have to live with it, or turn it off (my recommendation) when you use Rawr.
Jun 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM
Ah poop, oh well, cheers for the heads up Astrylian.

If it's a problem with something to do with Windows, it'll probably never get fixed, being this obscure.

Heh, unfortunately, my main user account isn't an administrator, I only log on as admin to install/remove applications, so just changing it would be a PITA. I suppose I'll have to fiddle with the font-size of standard resolution fonts to try and make it look the same XD

Cheers though!

:-)