Item preferences for upgrade list

Topics: Retired
Jul 1, 2008 at 5:55 PM
I saw some similar ideas posted in other threads, but they were all pretty old, and had other stuff in them as well. So, instead of bumping them, here's my new post.

Anyway, I'm pretty new to Rawr, and also new to tanking. My guild is pretty much a Kara-only guild for the time being, due to size and time commitments. So, what I'd like to see is a way to tell Rawr: "don't even bother with BoPs that drop in t5 or higher raids, or epic gems, or whatever" when populating the "direct upgrades" list.

It's more of a usuability thing than a requirement. I can pretty easily manually regem stuff in the item list, or delete stuff I don't want showing up in the actual list. But it's just kind of a pain to scroll through line after line of multiple gem permutations on some t6 item before I get down to what I can chase after, and it's also a pain to go and change those +10 agi gems to +8 and so on.
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2008 at 6:10 PM
Regarding gems, it should only be showing you those if you have them marked as available. Do you have the epic gems marked as available, or are you saying we have a bug in that regard? (We might, we've done a ton to the optimizer in development since releasing b14.1, so we may have had that bug, then fixed it, or we could still need to fix it, I'll take a look if that's what you are seeing.)

Regarding filtering by instance/progression/etc... We just don't have the reliable data available for that yet. We're working on it, but it's heavily reliant on Blizzard or Wowhead or Wowdb exposing really solid data on this. If we can get that data, that'd be great, but I'm not holding my breath until WotLK.
Jul 1, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Astrylian wrote:
Regarding gems, it should only be showing you those if you have them marked as available. Do you have the epic gems marked as available, or are you saying we have a bug in that regard? (We might, we've done a ton to the optimizer in development since releasing b14.1, so we may have had that bug, then fixed it, or we could still need to fix it, I'll take a look if that's what you are seeing.)
I've marked only certain gems as "available to the optimizer", but when I go look into the "direct upgrades" view, items with those gems are shown. If there's some other way to mark gems as unavailable, I've not found it. I'll poke some more at the discussions, in case I missed something.
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2008 at 4:26 AM
Please post your character file, so I can take a look?
Jul 2, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Astrylian wrote:
Please post your character file, so I can take a look?

Sure thing. Ummm, I'm a silly goose, but I can't figure out how to do attachments. So you can find it here:

http://homepage.mac.com/eric.eslinger/KranthisBear.xml
Developer
Jul 2, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Oddly, the best way I've found to control what gets used is the delete button.  I make a new folder, put a copy of Rawr in that, and then weed out anything that's past what I want.  Doing this, I've made sets of itemcache's.  One for all quest, boe blues, and 70 instances, one for that + heroics, and one for that + kara. 

However, I do like the idea of marking something as "Unavailable", or "Hidden", so it doesn't show up in the first place, unless something like a show hidden was turned on.

Also, are you using rawr on a Mac, or PC?  And also, your link doesn't seem to work.
Jul 2, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Antivyris wrote:
Oddly, the best way I've found to control what gets used is the delete button.  I make a new folder, put a copy of Rawr in that, and then weed out anything that's past what I want.  Doing this, I've made sets of itemcache's.  One for all quest, boe blues, and 70 instances, one for that + heroics, and one for that + kara. 

However, I do like the idea of marking something as "Unavailable", or "Hidden", so it doesn't show up in the first place, unless something like a show hidden was turned on.

Also, are you using rawr on a Mac, or PC?  And also, your link doesn't seem to work.

Weird, I copied the file over to my .mac drive, but it didn't seem to take. I fixed the link.

I'm using Rawr on a PC (actually a bootcamped mac). I tried it with mono, but all the versions I tried (12 through 14.1) were pretty unstable with mono 1.9.whatever, so I just rebooted over to the PC side and risked the viruses and whatnot. It's running Vista Business if that matters.