Insightful Earthstorm Diamond Cooldown?

Topics: Retired
Jul 28, 2008 at 10:43 PM
I notice that the latest beta of rawr.mage notes the inclusion of a cooldown on the IED meta gem.  This, at least numerically, nerfs the dps from the meta gem on my arcane/frost build from about 23 (above all other metas including CSD) to around 6.  But I can't find anything on the web to indicate what, if any, cooldown the IED has on its procs.  I thought it was just a flat 5% chance on the 300 mana proc.  So for one cast each 5 seconds it would provide an average of (300) *  (.05)  = 15 mp5 (which of course means more time doing AB spams).

Is there verification of a hidden cooldown on the Insightful proc, and if so what is the cooldown?

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2008 at 9:32 AM
http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t19181-shaman_how_heal_like_pro/p53/#post759589
Jul 29, 2008 at 3:18 PM
So assuming the 15 sec internal cooldown the IED, will only proc once every 45-60 sec instead of every 30-45 sec and provides around 25-30 MP5.  Not a drastic change but apparently more accurate.

Its not showing enough dps for me now to compare to the CSD so its time to change out the meta.  Rawr 14 was showing much more dps from the gem, but it must have been more than just the cooldown.  I think my suggested rotation changed from AB3AMFrB to ABAM3FrB so more 5 sec AM casts = fewer meta procs.  When I use a custom mix and force AB3AM the meta gems are nearly equal.  Time to learn a new rotation.

Thanks for the program, its awesome.

Scott