Future Upgrade Suggestion

Topics: Retired
Aug 7, 2008 at 6:33 PM
I am not sure how difficult this would be to implement, so I am suggesting it just to percolate in the back of your heads. How about some sort of filter on the gear lists to make searches a little easier. For instance, I want to best know where to spend badges to upgrade my gear. So limiting the gear lists to badges shows me that there is an upgrade for say my chest and legs, but everything else will be worse. Or I can see that between honor rewards and badges, the chest will be a better honor upgrade while the legs will be a better badge upgrade. Just a thought.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2008 at 6:53 PM
Check out the Build Upgrade List feature of the Optimizer. After getting an upgrade list from that, if you want to find which item will be the best use of your honor/badges/dkp/whatever, just divide the upgrade value by its cost, to get a sort of value per cost.

As for the filtering... We're working on it, but the data isn't quite there to support it yet.
Aug 7, 2008 at 10:26 PM
I would agree that filtering would be useful to know what gear is most easily attainable - maybe a checklist like the buffs tab to filter by specific instance/pvp/crafted/badges/etc. Glad to hear it's in the works.
Aug 8, 2008 at 3:52 PM
I currently take the upgrade list and use it to manually create a spreadsheet, and then use the spreadsheet to sort by sort by Improvement for selected sources.

Slot Item Source Status Improvement
Legs Legwraps of Sweltering Flame BoJ 100 63.08
Finger Fused Nethergon Band BoJ 60 53.02
Shoulders Pauldrons of Tribal Fury BoJ 60 52
Feet Moon-walkers BoJ 60 43.51
Enchant Head Glyph of Power Rep Sha'tar Mech/Bot/Arc 38.95
Head Vengeful Gladiator's Wyrmhide Helm Arena 38.45
I'll certainly be updating that to have a column which holds (Improvement / (BoJ cost)) to help me find which items give the most bang for the buck.
What I really miss is an automated way to get from the Direct-upgrades chart to my spreadsheet.  If it would also copy what Rawr knows about the source, it would reduce the amount of stuff I have to do by hand.