CharacterProfiler -- feedback & testing requested

Topics: Retired
Developer
Aug 9, 2008 at 3:19 AM
Hey folks,

So I recently checked in a feature that allows you to import your character and all his inventory from a character profiler data file.

The way to use it is to install the character profiler plugin, export the data (Hit "save" in your character pane then open bank, mailbox & professions).  Then just fire up rawr, "File->LoadFromCharacterProfiler" and load the CharacterProfiler.lua file from your saved variables directory (the CharacterProfiler.lua in WTF, not in Interface!!!).

This will load all your data and automatically select for optimization the exact configuration of items in your inventory.

One issue I've noticed is the optimizer, for me at least, falls into an infinite loop when I select optimize for anything other than the minimum thoroughness value.  Before reporting it I wanted to make sure I didn't break anything, but I don't believe so.

Still, setting the profile you want & optimizing, even with minimal settings, will make sure you're using the right selection of gear in your inventory.

Let me know what you think of this feature, and if you find a characterprofiler file that does not load or parse correctly, please let me know!

Thanks,

Char
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2008 at 5:59 AM
Could you post the character xml that the optimizer loops for?
Developer
Aug 9, 2008 at 9:52 AM

err...  Thanks for asking :)  You've just exposed a bug I hadn't noticed.

Looks like saving is broken because of my changes -- classes don't serialize.  I didn't think they were supposed to serialize.  Oh well...  (I think it's because I inherited from Character...  no reason for that I suppose).  Anyway, I've fixed it now but can't seem to check in for the time being (the codeplex server seems a bit unhappy).

In any case, I do have a save file for you -- how do I post it?

Char

Developer
Aug 9, 2008 at 10:00 AM
(oh, and mind you, the check-in problem has been solved)
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Open a new Issue (^Issue Tracker^), attach the xml.
Developer
Aug 9, 2008 at 5:44 PM
Ok, created an issue.

Didn't know if you could put attachments in discussions too (I'm not familiar with codeplex).

Char