Rawr crashing on a Mac

Topics: Retired
Sep 26, 2008 at 7:46 PM
First off, I searched through the forums and tried to see if this has been mentioned before, but didn't see anything. I'm sorry if I missed it.
I just recently tried to get the newest Mono release, but it wouldn't decompress, no mountable file systems supposedly. I forget exactly what version of mono I am running.
I am able to get Rawr up and running, but once the user interface comes up, and I try to load my character from the armory, I am unable to type anything into the boxes for my name and relm. I also get a doClip: empty path. error in terminal when I try.
In addition, it seems that shortly after opening the program, it crashes. It seems to do this randomly, I could be hovering over an item or looking at the tabs, or looking through the menus. 
The last error I got was CGContextDrawImage: invalid context
CGContextSynchronize: invalid context
CGContextSynchronize: invalid context

I have tried several releases of Rawr, 15.1, 16, 16.1, and they all seem to do the same thing, and none will let me type in the user interface. Hopefully I can get the newest version of mono installed, that might be my problem. 
Oh, I am opening X11, and then opening terminal and running Rawr from that.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2008 at 1:23 AM
Hey, you shouldn't need to do anything with X11, just Mono, and yeah the latest Mono is required. Beyond that... Mono is buggy, and crashes in weird and different ways on different machines, it seems... I don't really have much way to help beyond that, sorry. :(