[Suggestion] Support for Russian realms

Topics: Rawr.Base
Sep 30, 2008 at 4:34 AM
Is there any plans to add support for russian realms? I'll be very happy if this great project will got russian items, names and so on. If you need some help, i'm surely will help. Thanks.
Sep 30, 2008 at 5:54 AM
Yeah, probably can add support for loading characters from the russian armory. Can you give me the link to a russian character?
Oct 5, 2008 at 10:30 AM
Example for russian armory - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=%D0%93%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B4%D1%83%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%B8&n=%D0%9A%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B8
Realm name - Гордунни (Gordunni) , Character name - Кеноби (Kenoby).
Oct 5, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Hey, I just tried it out and confirmed that Rawr does support russian characters already; that character loads just fine for me (on our current development version, but I expect it works fine in b16.1 as well). As far as russian item names and stat names, that's quite a bit more complex, and is a ways off.
Feb 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM
I'm a new Rawr user and I'd like to mention that there is (sadly) still no support for russian realms.
Feb 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Seems that Rawr kinda glitched.. Sometime it load character from armory, sometime not. Some my friends report that they can load datas anytime, others says that never got. I've asked my friend to load my characters and send to me as profile, coz my Rawr still cant load it from armory.
Feb 24, 2009 at 6:45 PM
Sounds like an intermittent problem with the russian armory, not anything related to Rawr, right?
Feb 25, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Actually there is no "Russian" armory. Its european armory. Even when Rawr cant get any data from armory i'm still can see my character through web interface in the same time. I think problem is not on armory.. may be Rawr network engine dont like cyrillic names? Is he tollerant to the extraterrestrial form of life? :)
Feb 25, 2009 at 6:52 PM
But I thought it did work sometimes on cyrillic names? Do some names work and others don't? Or will the same name work from one machine, and not from another machine? Does one name work from the same machine sometimes, then later it won't?
Feb 26, 2009 at 3:25 PM
Some time ago i try to load my 2 characters without any luck (2-3 day in row). I've asked my friend to load them and send to me profiles. 2 weeks ago i try again and (with some delay.. 2-3 minutes) i got them from armory. On th the next day Rawr was unsuccessfull with loading them at all.Right now Rawr got my druid after 2 min 57 sec of waiting. My friend assure me that he have no any problems with Rawr.
Feb 26, 2009 at 4:33 PM
Ohh, so this sounds like nothing to do with cyrillic, or russian realms at all; it's just a network issue from your machine. The fact that it's intermittent is odd, though. Do you typically have lag/disconnet problems?
Feb 26, 2009 at 6:22 PM
My network connection is fine, no lags/dc. When i got problems with Rawr, at the same time i can easily got my characters through web.. May be i should do some network tests?
Feb 27, 2009 at 8:35 AM
Edited Feb 27, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Hey there. 
I am russian user. And i am using Rawr for russian realms.
There is no problem with it. Works PERFECT.
Small description below in russian:

Равр работает для руских реалмов.
Вводиш, имя сервера по русски например "Подземье"
Вводиш по русски имя чара например "Уна"
Выбираеш регион EU.
Всё чудесно подгружается и работает.

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Добрый день.

С выходом Rawr'а версии 2.3.6 перестали подгружаться из оружейни данные персонажей русских рилмов.

Подскажите, пожалуйста, решение проблемы.

Заранее благодарен

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:28 PM

why developers chatting the problem when hundreds of users say - "it DOESN'T work"? Just look and try to figure out instead of sitting here saying it's ok! I saw about 3-4 tickets with the same idea - rawr doesn't load specific characters from specific realms, more - it's connected with utf-8 languages family (taiwan, russian etc). I tried to load random character from english realm and it worked FINE for me, but my character NOT (russian). No matter what version of rawr I'm using... Maybe it's somehow connected with recent armory update.

sorry for my emotions in advance

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Khaz, your present issue is due to a change Blizzard made, which we have fixed but not yet released. Please be patient.

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:08 PM

oh, ok then! thank you very much