WoW 3.0 Release Date - Tight Schedule

Topics: Retired
Oct 1, 2008 at 5:47 PM
Well guys, they announced a date for 3.0: Oct 14th

So, we've got under 2 weeks to release this. We're going to aim for releasing on Oct 12th. Believe me, I understand how short of a timeline this is. But please do everything you can to get your models wrapped up in time. Let me know if there's anything you need help with, asap!
Oct 1, 2008 at 6:36 PM
They are going to almost surely be a bunch of last minute changes in the patch that we get on the 14th versus what the previous beta build is. Are we going to release an updated build on like the 15th with the new changes?
Oct 1, 2008 at 7:39 PM
I expect we'll be playing catchup and responding to user feedback, and fixing bugs quite alot... So yeah, I expect another build released on the 15th, and probably keep doing updates every other day or so, for maybe a week, as we each get our changes in.
Oct 2, 2008 at 11:25 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2008 at 4:38 PM
Trying to figure out who's gunna be updating each model:

Bear - Astrylian
Cat - Astrylian
Healadin - Ermad
HolyPriest - NEED HELP!
Hunter - Dwin/ebo? Please Confirm!
Mage - Kavan
Moonkin - thedopefishlives & Adoriele
ProtWarr - NEED HELP! (Ezweb will assist some)
RestoSham - vislor
Retribution - Zurm
Rogue - Teiglin & Quinn? Please Confirm!
Tankadin - Ermad
Warlock - Arnath
ShadowPriest - tarix? Please Confirm!
EnhSham - Toots? Please Confirm!
ElemSham (Unstarted) - NEED HELP!
DeathKnight - Zurm
Oct 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2008 at 8:06 PM
I'm back online at home (finally), all moved into my new place.  I'll be able to get back into the RestoSham model.  Raiding Kara tonight with my new bear, I'll download the latest tomorrow and start looking at it.
Oct 4, 2008 at 11:35 AM
I won't be able to work on Tree (at least until the 24th) because I have finals and labs to finish.
Oct 4, 2008 at 8:34 PM
I'll update the Hunter module as good as possible (no beta account, harvesting ej).
Oct 7, 2008 at 7:12 PM
I'll get started tonight.  I don't anticipate any problems, but it may be incomplete due to the lack of comprehensive math on some of the new talents (oh hai there Eclipse).
Oct 12, 2008 at 2:47 PM
Whats the status of Tree? I can help with it, though I'm not really familiar with your design. But - I thought it worth offering in case you needed the help. I'm busy with my own wow addons too, but I have some time to spare, and the coding skills at least.
Oct 12, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Mage is in releasable state. Everything should work except sequence reconstruction for Cold Snap+Water Elemental. Need some peer review though for Fire/Frost side.
Oct 13, 2008 at 4:16 PM
FYI, will be making the release tonight. Anyone see any glaring bugs that you think we have to fix before then?
Oct 14, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Sorry the lock module isn't anywhere near ready for release. I'll do what I can as fast as I can.