Rawr(2.0.x) Bear model - defense bug

Topics: Retired
Oct 15, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Edited Oct 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Hi Astrylian. It seems, that new Rawr wrong processing defense stat, See the screen:
Also at screen, (I have all 3 of "survival of the fittest") , Gilded Thorium Cloak vs Thoriumweave Cloak
Dose 24 def rating(0,4 miss) so good vs 5 armor and 5 stam at this point?
2.0.1 same behavior...

Oct 16, 2008 at 12:32 AM
The tooltip showing "CRITTABLE" is obviously a bug and not correct. The calculation of defense is indeed correct though; half of defense's value avoids diminishing returns, so is valuable.
Oct 16, 2008 at 12:16 PM
I think there may be something not quite right with defence calc. Although I am surprised that defence gems are showing as better than agility for mitigation, I can see that might be the case. However it is showing that 12 defence and 10 defence have exactly the same value. Surely this can't be right. Also 4def/6stam and 5def/7stam have the same mitigation value.
Oct 16, 2008 at 3:56 PM
This isn't an error, this is accurate. Defense *skill* gives you avoidance, defense *rating* gives you def skill, in a stepwise manner. Offhand, I think it's like 2.4 def rating per def skill. If you have exactly enough def rating to give you a certain def skill, then adding 1 or even 2 more def rating isn't enough to give you 1 more def skill, so is worthless. Rawr takes that all into account.

As for defense being better than agility for mitigation... Yeah, it's possible, at very high dodge levels (due to the miss half of def being nearly unaffected by diminishing returns). I do know that there's one bug with its calculations, where it's applying DR to your base agility, which it shouldn't, but that just raises the bar of when defense is better than agility.
Oct 17, 2008 at 9:39 AM
OK, thanks. I didn't realise defence skill was integer. I assumed that even though it only showed whole numbers on the tooltip, the actual calculations would use all your rating.