New release? Future?

Topics: Rawr.Base
Dec 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Any chance of a new release and upload to EJ site soon?

More long term: Do we still have users interested in updates and corrections to Rawr? Or have we been so slow with the migration that everyone have moved on to other tools?

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I'm pretty sure where Kavan has left and no one else for admins posts or anything anymore. I've moved on. I'm now using ElitistJerks stats weights manually put in for  This works out great, even better then anything I've ever used.

I do appreciate everything the rawr team has done over the many years, I'll check back maybe once a month myself, and I wish you all the best of luck.

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I've moved to a simulationcraft / askmrrobot setup, myself. If Rawr had an active Retribution dev though, I would switch back immediately. The whole "generate custom weights, plug into robot, change simcraft setup to match, sim, plug into robot, repeat" process is time consuming, and annoying. Rawr + Rawr Addon was quick and painless. All-in-one, more flexible, friendly UI. The addon's import functionality (your whole inventory/bank ftw) and upgrade notifications were invaluable.

I'm not in any way a developer, so can't help. But here's hoping Rawr has a future! :) 

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:11 AM

The delay is mainly due to some life issues that Hinalover had to deal with in the past few weeks. He's planning to do a release sometime this week last I heard from him.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:58 AM

hey, i have always used rawr since i found it years ago, but i was wondering if there is any plans for anything for a warrior? i don't know how to code anything more then html but if there is anything i can do please let me know.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Please dont let Rawr fall by the way. I know its alot of work and if I knew more programing I would be more than glad to help. You are providing a great service and one that needs to continue. Thanks for all you do.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Long-time Rawr user for Resto Druid build.  I really think that Rawr was THE best program out there and I sincerely hope that the project sees a solid release soon.  I want to echo what Manic5 sayd, the Simcraft/Askmrrobot setup is extremely time-consuming and i think there is solid demand out there for this product.  Even if the product was a pay-product, I would 100% think there would be demand for it if it was kept up-to-date.