Error using Rawr 2.2.1

Topics: Retired
Nov 23, 2008 at 12:33 PM
I have started using the previous version 2.1 a week ago. I am a big fun of theorycrafting and this program seems to cover all aspects that i need .. at least from what i have seen this far.
Today i dowloaded the new 2.1.1 version, and it simply doesnt want to start.
After i run rawr.exe, the usual black window with the different modules icons appear, and in statusbar it says Loading, please wait.
But after a couple of minutes it dissapears and nothing else happens.
No suspect proces is left behind in task manager, and the processor cools down in a normal idle 1-2%.

After this i try the previous version .. that is 2.1 .. and it runs smoothly with no warnings or errors (so i'm stuck with it till i find the glitch).

I am using Window Vista Ultimate on an AMD 64x2 platform.

Any ideeas what should i try?
Nov 23, 2008 at 2:49 PM
I am having the same problem, but I am having it with 2.1 as well  :(  If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2008 at 8:30 PM
That's very odd. Try a restart; if that doesn't work, IM me, cnervig@hotmail.com on MSN, or Astro tSD on AIM.
Nov 23, 2008 at 8:46 PM
Also having this issue with 2.1.1.

First time loading, it started up fine, albeit a bit slow (Same with 2.1 - usually about 2 mins for it to load fully.) Tried to load character from armory, received the js script error mentioned in a prior discussion. Was able to save the character and I closed the program then attempted to restart it.. Since then it has done exactly what the OP stated above. Begins to load then just disappears into a black hole.....(I assume :])
Nov 24, 2008 at 7:13 AM
<abbr></abbr>
<abbr></abbr>
<input type="hidden" value="134618" id="ctl00_ctl00_MasterContent_Content_PostRepeater_ctl06_PostId" name="ctl00$ctl00$MasterContent$Content$PostRepeater$ctl06$PostId" />
Also having this issue with 2.1.1.

First time loading, it started up fine, Was able to save the character and I closed the program then attempted to restart it.. Since then it has done exactly what the OP stated above.
Having the same problem.....
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2008 at 5:25 PM
Hey, I made a new build which may fix the problem. Try this build out: http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/38028/Rawr%20b2.1.2.zip

Let me know if it still gives you guys problems.
Nov 24, 2008 at 6:51 PM
This has fixed the issue, thanks!
Nov 25, 2008 at 8:30 AM
This version is working excellent for me. Thank you very much.

Loads far faster than any previous version for me as well. :]
Nov 25, 2008 at 2:01 PM
Working perfectly now. Thanks so much!
Nov 25, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Ok, so I thought it was working perfectly. lol. When I try to upload information from wowhead, I get the dialog box asking if I want to continue and telling me it should take about 15 min. When I click to proceed the program will freeze up. I can leave it for hours and still will not do anything, I end up having to ctrl+alt+del to get it to close. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2008 at 4:23 PM
Well, you shouldn't need to use that menu item. Beyond that, do you have problems loading Wowhead.com pages?