Bear: Want to scale mitigation/survival

Topics: Retired
Nov 24, 2008 at 9:21 AM
As a bear I have 3 things to make sure:

*) I can survive burst damage.
*) I mitigate enough so that the healers can heal me fast enough and that they don't run out of mana.
*) I can generate more threat than the dps, so they don't pull aggro.

How much I value threat can be controlled in the bear model. Personally I scale threat way down. I still end up with plenty of threat.
So far I've come across gear that has lots and lots of stamina. I have a massive amount of HP, but a rather mediocre mitigation. What I'd like now is to be able to scale down the importance of survivability and scale up the importance of mitigation - and I can't find that possibility in Rawr anywhere.

Currently I'm using Relative Stat values and scale up agility, defence, dodge and armor manually by about 20%, and then use those values to compare items. Seems like a bad way to use Rawr, but I desperately need more mitigation.

Could we please have a setting like "Threat Value", but that scales survivability and mitigation.
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2008 at 3:59 PM
I've got a new feature planned to help solve the problem you describe. In the mean time, though, I suggest using the Optimizer. Optimize your Mitigation, with a requirement of Survival > 100000 or whatever is 'enough' for you.