Splitting RAWR

Topics: Retired
Nov 24, 2008 at 7:02 PM
Were there any plans for possibly splitting RAWR into independent modules?  Lately it seems to be getting rather bloated it seems and has been slowing down.  I was wondering if this might be because of how large it has become or maybe having to do with the size of the item cache?

I don't know how module updates are handled now but splitting it up would give the added benefit of allow for updates on specific modules as they are fixed and updated rather than waiting on several before releasing a new version, if that's how it's currently being handled.  It would also allow for the item cache's size to be reduced based on armor class if that's possibly what's causing the slugishness.
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2008 at 8:52 PM
Slowness lately has to due with the sheer number of items (both tBC and WotLK), not other models. I'll be trimming it down in 2.2 to just WotLK items.
Nov 25, 2008 at 12:19 AM
I think you could leave high end BC items (T5/Badge and over) for reference to know when and by what to replace old BC stuff with new WotLK.

Btw I've noticed not all green quality gems were added in the current item db. I eventually modified manually the blue quality ones (they are all here) with stats of green (or perfect greens if I can get some), until my guild can reliably have their hands on the blues.