Rawr Cat Usability Suggestions

Topics: Retired
Nov 25, 2008 at 6:48 PM
Damage Per Hit vs Damage Per Swing -
The values shown for Rip are confusing.  I'm guessing damage-per-hit is showing how much Rip does given a less-than-100% Mangle uptime?
The values shown for Rake are, at the very least, labeled less than perfectly.  The damage-per-hit is apparently the damage of the initial hit and the damage-per-swing is the expected hit + the DoT?

Damage Values
I do not think the damage values shown (example: Melee Damage 429660.8) are very useful.  Some values I would prefer to see:
Percentage of Overall Damage,
Damage-Per-Energy (pre combo point OR post combo point),
or even DPS.

Statistics I would like to see available explicitly, rather than implicitly.  Perhaps as mouseovers?
+Hit %
-Dodge/Parry %
Haste % (I realize the approximate Haste % is easily visible from a glance at attack speed, so I can understand tabling this one)

Information concerning the Berserk cycle would also be useful.
Pseudo Energy Gained, abilities used (and how many times), DPS over the Berserk duration...are all possiblities

Also, when viewing the "Talents" chart, I would love to see a per-combo-point breakdown.  And if that's what I'm already seeing, a label/title to indicate that would be fantastic.

Keep up the great work!
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2008 at 8:07 PM
Damage per Hit vs Damage per Swing:
Damage per Hit is the damage of actually hitting with that skill. Yes, the Rake one currently shows just the initial damage, that's a bug, it should show the initial + dot damage.
Damage per Swing is the damage of an average swing with the skill. It can be avoided, or white attacks can glance.

Damage Values... Yeah, I recognize that they're not really useful as is. I'll probably change them to %s of total damage. I'll try to get DPE and CPPE in there too.

Regarding +Hit and -Dodge, isn't Avoided Attacks enough for that? Mouseover that and it breaks it down into your miss and dodge percent, which is what matters, isn't it? Same deal with haste vs attack speed?

Berserk... Berserk isn't calculated yet, unfortunately. It's on my TODO list.

Talents chart is per talent point. I'll try to make that more obvious.

Thanks for the great feedback.
Nov 25, 2008 at 9:48 PM
As to avoided attacks...yes, the information is there.  I guess what I'm really after is an easy indicator of my distance from the hit cap/expertise cap.  And the way to do that might be some text accompanying the hit rating/expertise rating with a "+31"  or a "-120" telling me how I stand with respect to the cap.

Once I memorize the level 80 caps, I probably wouldn't even comment on such a feature :)
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Ah, you mean like instead of:
2.5% Miss, 4.3% Dodge

You'd like to see...
2.5% Miss (67 Hit from cap)
4.3% Dodge (103 Exp from cap)

Or...
0% Miss (12 Hit over cap)
0% Dodge (31 Exp over cap)

Yeah, that sounds useful, and not too hard to implement.