Shred Rotations

Topics: Retired
Dec 1, 2008 at 9:48 PM
I have tried various combinations of gear & glyphs.  High End gear, crap gear, mangle glyph, no mangle glyph, 2pcT6, no 2pcT6.

No combination ever seems to suggest using shred as a combo point generator.  This seems to go against what I have read at ElitistJerks & also what Toskks suggests.   Is there a reason for this difference or is the optimal rotation just not updating when I make changes??

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM
For my optimally geared character, the current version of Rawr uses Shred for combo points as soon as I either remove 2T6, or remove Imp Mangle. Only if both of those are present does it use Mangle. Even in that situation, Idol of Worship provides more DPS than Idol of the Ravenous Beast, so still going with that, though. Having JUST Imp Mangle and not 2T6 is right on the border between Mangle or Shred being better, and it can go either way depending on gear. Keep trying things, I'd be surprised if you really can't make it use Shred.
Dec 3, 2008 at 12:25 AM
Thanks for the response.   Without they mangle glyph and with only 1pc of T6 equipped it switches from shred to mangle when I add a 2nd point in Imp. Mangle.   0/3, 1/3 = shred, 2/3 & 3/3 = mangle.

With 2pcT6, I don't need any points in Imp.Mangle for it to say mangle for combo points.   So with either 2pcT6 or Imp.Mangle it seems mangling is the way to go - and it certainly simpilifes the rotation.