Glyph of Mangle + Rip

Topics: Retired
Dec 3, 2008 at 4:53 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2008 at 5:03 PM
When I have Glyph of Mangle and Glyph of Rip enabled in Rawr, it switches my optimal DPS rotation from using to shred to mangle spam. The only improvement Glyph of Mangle makes to cat dps is the length of duration of mangle debuff (+6 sec). It makes absolutely no sense to me why equipping these glyphs together would cause optimal dps rotation to change from using shred to manglespam - surely it should be the other way around since longer mangle uptime allows for more shreds? I'm making no other changes to talents, buffs, gear etc, only ticking these glyphs and unticking. I also don't have 2t6 equipped, though I have imp. mangle and ofc imp shred. Also have idol of the Ravenous Beast, which should improve shred further in rotation, but Rawr doesnt value it as yet.

Is there something really obvious I missed here, or is Rawr doing wrong calculations for Glyph of Mangle's effects?
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2008 at 5:03 PM
Can you post your character file in the issue tracker? I have an idea of how this would be possible (less energy required to keep the debuff up means more energy available for combo point generators, putting you past some breakpoint), but want to check the calculations for your character.
Dec 3, 2008 at 5:04 PM
Had to edit my above post a lil as I foud it was an issue with having both glyphs equipped at the same time then unequipping one. Both glyphs = manglespam is better apparently. I'll post the file for you though :)