Hit Cap

Topics: Retired
Dec 4, 2008 at 4:02 PM
I had a look through the other discussions and I didn't see this issue so I'm posting it. Rawr seems to be retaining the point value for hit/expertise after you've capped out. I believe the TBC version of Rawr took this into account. I've only tested the cat model for it, and it seems to keep on counting no matter how high you stack it. My understanding is feral hit cap is 296 with 214 expertise cap. Is this planned for a future update?

Thanks again to everyone who works on this program, great job.
Dec 4, 2008 at 4:24 PM
Can you post a character demonstrating this bug? I'm unable to show hit rating as having any value, once past the cap. Same with exp.
Dec 4, 2008 at 4:42 PM
It works for me.  I'm at the expertise cap, and Rawr correctly assigns the expertise enchants a score of 0.  If I lower the mob level to 80, then hit gets valued at 0 as well.  These are reflected in the Relative Stat Values chart as well.

However, while messing around, I found an issue with the Relative Stat Values chart.  If you change the model between Cat and Bear while looking at the Relative Stat Values, Rawr won't regenerate the chart (as it does for the other charts).  You have to reselect the Relative Sat Values chart before it correctly displays the chart, otherwise it just does a recolor, and the chart looks really broken.

Also, since the Cat model does value health as Survivability Points, Stamina should probably be included in the Relative Stat Values chart.
Dec 5, 2008 at 10:24 PM
I think Rawr still considers 12.6 hit to be 1% hit as it's sure I have 21.47% chance to hit right now. as well by default bosses are considered to be level 73 rather than 83 and once I select that my target is a level 83 elite Rawr begins to show numbers in negative dps.
Dec 6, 2008 at 6:20 AM
Entirely my bad, I had been copying old gear and files into the same directory for ages. Same issue I'd had with resilience, custom edited gear providing different answers than my calculator. My apologies for the confusion, this bur is doing a clean new install of rawr every time a new version comes out now and its working quite smoothly yet again.
Dec 10, 2008 at 4:06 PM
Glad you got things fixed, Smashy.

Shatrbuck, Rawr does correctly convert hit rating for level 80 combat (32.78998947 hit rating per %). Do you still have a problem with this?
Dec 11, 2008 at 8:12 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2008 at 8:19 PM
With Rawr v2.1.3 I have 229 hit rating and it's showing me as having an 18.15% chance to hit. I've removed all buffs and auras from the buffs list.  It also lists my cast speed as being 1.381125 with 598 haste.

I think I made the same mistake as Smashy. I've got an old profile i'd been using for a while. I just recreated a profile for myself with the exact same parameters but I loaded fresh from the armory and the world is a happier place. everything seems to be in order.  My bad and thanks.