Epic gems

Topics: Retired
Dec 12, 2008 at 1:14 AM
Edited Dec 12, 2008 at 1:54 AM
Hi!
First of all thanks for making this great app. for WoW although I have a few questions:
I was wondering if I could somehow delete the (currently not obtainable) epic gems from the software as I could get a more accurate results for my dps and proper gear without them?
I'd also like to know if I have 3/4 T7 (ret pala) and want to get the 4th part does the software count in the 4-set bonus to my dps or only the 4th part's stats?
I'm unsure about the hit rating as well, I used to have 300+ but now with an item change I have 220 and Rawr says that 80 hit rating is hardly making any difference in my dps... can this be true?
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2008 at 8:21 AM
You can do a mass replacement of all gems in items with different gems that you prefer (ie, superior instead of epic quality ones). See Tools > Set Default Gems.
Yes, set bonuses are considered when comparing items.
Not sure of the calculations involved here, but last I saw, hit wasn't the most valuable stat for Retadins (str was), so it's not impossible for an item swap to lose 80 hit and still be a net gain in DPS. Err, actually, isn't that way over the hit cap? Isn't the hit cap for Retadins like 165 or something like that?
Dec 12, 2008 at 12:56 PM
No, it's 296 atm as Blizzard removed the precision talent which gave us +3%.
Dec 12, 2008 at 1:29 PM
Keep in mind there is a bug right now that effects some rets that gives them a free 4% chance to hit. Which would make both of you correct. Not all pallies have the bugged hit so keeping it at 296 as a base with a way to modify it for the free 4% hit would be better.

keep in mind while hit is a lesser valued stat if you miss a judgement due to lack of hit there are far bigger concerns than lack dps over a longer fight due to the fact you recieved no mana back through JotW. Keep that in mind when evaluating hit.